San Francisco Bay Area

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

tedbex

San Francisco Bay Area

Post by tedbex »

Hey everyone. I would love to know if there are any c boaters in the San Francisco Bay area. I have been paddling flat water and white water (mostly class II) working for Outward Bound in Maine the past two summers. I want to continue paddling more months of the year, but I don't know anyone who does around where I live in San Francisco. Please let me know if you are out there and would like a new buddy. Thanks
Carol
C Guru

Post by Carol »

And there is a very active canoe club called POST that I guess you could say is based out of Berkeley. They try to have an official trip once a month, try to do at least two over night canoe camp trips a year. And most summers, try to do a one week long term trip. This can either be a base camp with multiple day trips, or if fortunate enough to get a permit.

Our web site is: http://www.postcanoeclub.org/

Good luck, there are a lot of open boaters out here on the West Coast.

Carole K
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

Hey, there are a couple of other clubs that you might check into as well for whitewater boating (II-III-IV). Loma Prieta Paddlers and Gold Country Paddlers have a pretty large base and though there are not many (any?) open boaters, they're active and a good way to get out there.
There is also Sequioa Paddlers in the north bay with few open boaters and do some cool class II-III trips.
And there's me and matt, a couple of renegade c1 paddlers exploring the IV/V rivers..

If you ever want to run class III Chili Bar or the Gorge on the South Fork American, we would be happy to guide you.
Larry