A better question: What boat do you paddle 90% of the time

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pier
C Boater

Post by pier »

mad river outrage my only boat but very multi use boat, a little heavy for me, but i think it can say the same about me ahahah :lol:
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

My new Jackson 4fun C1 got the more use this summer, I still have my remix69 for when it gets hairy or bony creeky and my ME for multi-days trips.
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

L'Edge
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Galasport Loco C-1 (for solo slalom)
Torrent XL C-2 (for tandem slalom)
Millbrook Boats Hooter OC-1 (for most river running; my knees & ankles don't last long anymore in C-1)
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Overall my Gus convertion (and the Jefe convertion before that) is my bread and butter boat; Open boating has been reserved for the special occasions when there's space on the car (and i'm confident it's not too continuous to manage if I get swamped; which is a big problem round our way) That will hopefully change now I'm finally getting a vehicle of my own. [There's bugger all decent playboating in my area, save during the occasional biblical flood]

This summer however, I've been living at my folks house and paddling on a man made slalom course; so I've just playboated in the CU fly maybe 50%, crazy 88 35%, Giraffe-Bat 10% and my big dependable friend Gus 5%....
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Post by eddyhops »

I'd love to paddle 90% of the time
JD
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

I had to look back at my log for the year, make a tally, spreadsheet, etc. and it's still tough to say, since I often paddle more than one boat a day. All I can say for sure is that I don't paddle anything anywhere close to 90% of the time:

Blackfly: 30.1%
Molan (K-1): 17.2%
Option: 13.8%
squirtboat (k-1): 12.1%
Ion: 11.2%
Burn (K-1): 10.3%
Speeder (k-1): 2.5%
Stuntbat (k-1): 2.5%

Pretty interesting to figure this all out. It looks like I've about 55%OC to 45% kayak, and 60/40 playboats to river running boats.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
Mr Marc
Pain Boater

Post by Mr Marc »

L'Edge 40%
Zephyr 30%
XL15 30% (with my 9y old son)
pfunked07
c

Post by pfunked07 »

Probe 12 100% of time, only because that is the only boat I have. I am regretting it now because I was steered away from the vipers because of the hard chines which I think I could have handled/grown accustomed to even though it is my first ww canoe.

I like being pushed to the next level but i also need a boat suitable for rivers around here (Texas). The Probe has plenty of maneuverability for what I want to do, especially compared to the 15'-17' aluminum boats I grew up with. And hey, rather bang up the boat I'm paddling when I know I want something else.
Support Texas Whitewater, participate in your local rain dance.
OC One Blade
C Guru

Post by OC One Blade »

I divided my paddling into two categories: Whitewater- makes up about 70% of my paddling time. Fishing/Family- makes up 30% of my paddling time.

Whitewater:

Probe 11 - 75%
Cascade - 20%
Atom - 5%

Fishing, family, camping, etc:

Old Town Discovery - 100%
Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Wiggins »

This summer it has been the L'edge 50% of the time, the Caption 40% of the time, the Axiom 6% of the time, the Project 3% of the time, and rafts 1%.

Kyle
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I find it curious that out of 40ish respondants here, only myself and two others paddle C1's predomiantly... I'd have expected a broader mixture.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
JFD
C Guru

Post by JFD »

LL Stinger (most of the time)
Necky Blunt (some of the time)
Tip Top wildwater (some of the time)
Galasport Makao slalom (some of the time)
Pyranha Speeder (less of the time)
Jackson Fun (much less of the time)
C-1 (all of the time)
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Post by eddyhops »

TheKrikkitWars wrote:I find it curious that out of 40ish respondants here, only myself and two others paddle C1's predomiantly... I'd have expected a broader mixture.
Ya know... I'd probably buy a ticket just to see Louie's reply to that and the spectacle I would assume that would follow... I truly mean no offense, but I probably would :)
JD
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

Outrage-X, unless my grandson is paddling with me. He always ends up with the Outrage-X and I end up paddling anything else that floats.