No crack on the prelude or l'edge

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Kris
C Boater

No crack on the prelude or l'edge

Post by Kris »

If you don't want a crack behind your saddle, take out the saddle and round it like the shape of the bottom of your canoe.

Regards Kris
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

you would think that Esquif would do that for you...
Peace Pow and Paddling!
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

R U say'n their saddles doesn't fit in their boat so much that it creates tention somehow? You would think they carve them to fit do they nuts? :roll:
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Kris
C Boater

Post by Kris »

In Belgium we cut the saddle so that it fits, So they(Esquif) make standard saddle, I make custom made saddles or we adjust the standard saddle.In the factory they can't fit out the saddle custom made.

Regards Kris
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

:o
that must be some stout foam
:lol:
Larry
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

:roll:
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Hi, Kris. I am not sure what you were saying in your original post. What it looks like to me in the original post is that a crack develops behind the factory-installed saddle of Esquif boats. Can you be more clear what you mean with this "crack behind the saddle"?

Thanks
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Kris
C Boater

Post by Kris »

When you make the saddle round it will keep the shape of your boat and you don't get a flat section, so that it looks that you had a bump behind your saddle
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I think it may be worth doing, but the only broken PE hull I've seen did NOT crack under or right next to the saddle. I think there is not enough evidence to say that the saddle shape creates any significant stress risers in the hull. And to verbalize what I think Larry and Smurf are getting at, minicell foam will likely deform quite well during an impact. Heck, kayak manufacturers often put it under their seats, and they have lots more failure data by which to design their products.

Shep