Team Mohawk and all things Mohawk

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Team Mohawk and all things Mohawk

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Instead of hijacking Tommy's thread I will start a new one. There has been some changes in Team Mo. When I started the team it was to give young up and coming boaters a platform to work off of. At what point do you consider a boater established in the community? So know the team Consist of Me Garrett Mays and Dale Briggs (team Poppa) And I am in talks with a girl from NC that I meet on the Ocoee water bugging around. Alex is still part of the Team Mo family and may be put back on the team very soon. When this thing was started I had dreams of being able to help out young boater stay commeted to the OC. Tommy will be missed on the team but all good things must come to an end.

Next the new material yes it is being worked on but winter is the time that we can do R&D (we like to eat and pay our bills) summer is dedicated to makin g money. So this is the deal we are working very hard on getting a new design out The Phein, it is a longer wider version of the Maxim. It is a little longer and wider with different ends., AND it will be BLOW Molded. I have also been in talks with a great desiner about two new models he has been working on. I hope this answers some question
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Very exciting news. I look forward to seeing new, innovative products from Mohawk.
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Sounds good! Good to know that Team Mohawk has a particular purpose with the membership, and that rotating members in and out is kindof the point. Looking forward to seeing more developments in the C-world and wishing ya'll the best.

Shep
chriscanoe
Pain Boater

Post by chriscanoe »

Very cool. Thanks to Mohawk to being dedicated to the sport. Looking forward to your new developments.
PBR ME ASAP!!
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I am still looking for young rippers to fill the team if ya know of any let me know
Richard Guin
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Blow molded eh? Very cool, great to see people pushing the sport forward with R&D like you're doing.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Smurf we are lucky to have on of the few blow mold machines big enough for a canoe at our disposal
Richard Guin
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Wow, another exciting page in the 'new oc1 world' is about to be written. Lean forward in the saddle Richard, lets see this sucker!
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

There are new boaters coming along. Tonight I was paddling as a support boat while Leah Ruckle was teaching an "Intro to Canoeing" class to a group of six college students. Good students, good kids, and a fine young instructor.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Man, isn't that cool to hear.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

I really like watching Leah boat she has such natural grace in a boat And I WILL make her part of this team just tring to figure out the Logistics It is not often you see a young woman making canoeing look hot
Richard Guin
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Blow moulded eh? Sounds promising (Given that eskimo's blow moulded boats are considered to be amongst the toughest and stiffest on the market).
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

Interesting. Are the blow molded boats any lighter? Can they be welded?
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

My experience with blow molded boats are the Prijon boats - if we are talking about the same material, it could be awesome. My Rockit was perhaps the lightest plastic hull I've owned and stiff enough, without walls, for me to stand on the deck (and I am no lightweight.... You have my attention :-)
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Yes we should be able to control the plastic to some degree and put it where we want it. But with all PE boats they are heavy to make the material rigid you just have to use x amount and that means weight.
Richard Guin