2012 CBoats Calendar IS NOW AVAILABLE!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

2012 CBoats Calendar IS NOW AVAILABLE!!

Post by adkSara »

This is a bit later than I like to start the calendar, but here is the official call for entries! Last year's photos were great and I can't wait to see where and what everyone's been paddling.

So here is the outline for submitting to the calendar. We keep tweaking the process of putting together each year's calendar, so please read our requirements carefully and follow directions! Especially about the number of images accepted and permissions please!!!

If you have a photograph or photographs that you would like to be considered for the calendar, please follow the 6 steps below.

1) PERMISSION: Please be sure that you have both the photographer and the paddler(s) permission to submit any photograph to Cboats.net calendar. If you submit a photograph and we hear from the paddler(s) or photographer that you did not have permission to use the image any future submission from you will not be used.

2) SIZE & RESOLUTION: Make sure each photograph that you send is large format and high resolution. Saving the image as a jpeg is best and the file should be between 3-5 MG. Vertical or horizontal photographs are accepted. Any images that are small or low resolution WON'T be considered for the calendar.

3) LABELS: Each photograph that you submit must have the following information: Paddler(s) (first & last name(s)), River (state, province or country as applicable), and photographer (first & last name – if you are the photographer – write your name!!)
Any photographs that are not labeled correctly or are missing information WILL NOT be considered for the calendar. Adam & I are not responsible for chasing down information even if the photograph is amazing.

4) NUMBER of ENTRIES: You can submit up to your TEN best images that you would like - choose & send the BEST TEN photographs you've got - not ALL the photographs you've got. Obviously less is fine, but more than TEN is not. If more than ten images are sent, I will only download and consider the first ten and automatically delete the rest. Usually splitting your images into two emails with five attached images each will run through our mail program at the size requested.

5) WHERE to EMAIL: photos@cboats.net, please put 2012 Calendar as your email subject line otherwise the spam filters (or I) may sift your email out.

6) DUE DATE: November 15, 2011 midnight.

Calendars will be ready to purchase toward the end of November for potential holiday gifts. Remember the 'profits' from the calendar go directly to the maintenance and web hosting fees of http://www.cboats.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;! So send in those awesome shots and please help us out by following these six guidelines. If you have any questions and want a quick answer, post a reply to this thread, otherwise PM myself or Sir Adam and we'll get back to you.

Keep the cheer & happy paddling.
ADK Sara
adkSara
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Re: 2012 CBoats Calendar call for entries!

Post by Creeker »

Sara is this available or an ETA available?
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

It will be soon - lots of great entries this year, and some tough decisions (we try to have both open and decked boats, and this easily could have been a open boat (or even L'edge!) calendar). We finalized the images last night, Sara has half of the pages completed.

I'd say it is the best yet, but I'm not in it again this year, so I won't say that :wink:
Keep the C!
Adam
adkSara
C Guru

Post by adkSara »

If all goes well... the calendar should be online at Cafepress by late Friday evening/early Saturday morning!

100+ images downloaded... Done
100+ image names, paddler names, river/rapids, photographers organized & matched... Done.
100+ images sorted & selected... Done.
25 images ready to go... Done.
Layouts & design... In progress.
Upload... Friday, 12/9.

I'm getting there!!! And it's looking very striking so far. :D
adkSara
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Awesome!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Funny how those inquiring or posting in this thread happened to have submitted awesome images this year....

You'll see a lot of new faces... and some familiar ones from past years too.
Keep the C!
Adam
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Post by Wendy »

Thanks Sara- They are great every year!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: 2012 CBoats Calendar IS NOW AVAILABLE!!

Post by Sir Adam »

CBoats.net 2012 calendar is LIVE!

A BIG Thank you to all of your for sharing your images with us... and to Adk Sara for putting it together!

Congrats to those that made it:)

http://www.cafepress.com/cboatstore.601359813" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keep the C!
Adam
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

OMG!!!! Speechless!!! (almost). Great to see those tandems in there too. Nice work fellas!
BigNasty
c

Post by BigNasty »

Nice!
With luv
Big Nasty