WESTFEST 2012

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Re: WESTFEST 2012

Post by Smurfwarrior »

The Play park in Boise is coming along nicely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeypy0Ntaj0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky6FtO0v ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOOmYYIr ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

Pretty wild stuff. I had no idea they were going for the "adjustable wave" thing. Can't wait to see how it works. It's an amazing time to be a paddler!
Peace Pow and Paddling!
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

BUMP!!! Wakey wakey! So, who's all coming?
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

I'm still down (so long as the wifey is cool with it). May be looking to borrow a boat though...
Peace Pow and Paddling!
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

truckeeboater wrote:May be looking to borrow a boat though...
Hey Truckee -- glad to hear you're still keen (you were instrumental in the early stages of developing this thread.)

RE: boats -- suggest you get onto the FaceBook page -- post your needs, and maybe someone has room on their racks to transport a spare hull fer ya!

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

Wicked! Thanks, I keep forgetting about the event FB page. I'll get on there now!
Peace Pow and Paddling!
AJ
CBoats Addict

Post by AJ »

truckeeboater wrote:I'm still down (so long as the wifey is cool with it). May be looking to borrow a boat though...
I have a sweet Skeeter for you in Colorado. Maybe you make a swing though paddle here and then head up to Idaho. :-)
RJohnson
c

Post by RJohnson »

Hi Folks. Facebook is not one of my interests but boating at WESTFEST is. Can the event details be put into this thread also? Thanks
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I'm sure the big info will migrate to this page, but you'll miss out on the good chatter. :)
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

AJ-

I have a sweet Skeeter for you in Colorado. Maybe you make a swing though paddle here and then head up to Idaho. :-)[/quote]

Still got your Skeeter on my radar! :D
Peace Pow and Paddling!
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

truckeeboater wrote:Still got your Skeeter on my radar! :D
Hey Truckee -- speaking of such old-school hulls, wasn't it you, months ago, who inquired about an Aftershock for sale in these parts?

Turns out it was a buddy of mine who wanted to off-load it, and since no one else wanted to buy it, I picked it up for a song.

Turns out I like it, and maybe I'll bring it along to WF for you to try.

Perhaps Smurf should offer prizes for the oldest retro hulls to show up. :wink:

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
busterblue
CBoats Addict

Post by busterblue »

I'm going to Westfest!
The Group site #1 at Warm springs Campground has been reserved from 2pm Thursday the 19th of July until 1pm on Tuesday 24th July for my club and for WestFest. Come on down/over if you like.
Is there still room at the group site, or would it be better to reserve a private site?
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Very cool, there should be plenty of room at our group site. Keeping a headcount is one of the reasons I created the Facebook event as it's really good for that. People should join FB and make our lives easier as you can simply put incorrect basic info when creating the account to protect yourselves from whatever evil you assume is connected to it. Google is who you Should be afraid of :) anyway, $5 a night for the group site sure beats the $14 or so for the individual sites. With you non-club types, it's going to be an honor system setup as I won't be chasing you around looking for camping fees.

Rick and I are going to work on getting WestFest stickers made. More on that later.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Also, if anyone is wanting to come boat but not interested in camping, I do have info for a small hotel that is about 5 miles down the road from the campsite. Let me know if anyone needs that info.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

must you be such a rah-rah for fb? i'm sure your an ok guy, but it's just a little bit little wierd and off putting.
Larry