adsense on boating videos

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pmp
CBoats Addict

adsense on boating videos

Post by pmp »

Hey Y'all (eh.)
So it occurred to me that i could be putting adsense on the paddlepointer videos... except i find those ads on the bottom of the picture very annoying. Comments from anyone else re: adsense ads on youtube videos.
thanks
paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Re: adsense on boating videos

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I personally don't mind them to much.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

We're continually re-evaluating whether to keep them or not - so far we have, as it is a nice source of revenue that we do very little work for.

On the other hand, the ads are no longer just content-driven (of that page), and some odd things show up from time to time.

If we continue to have such strong support from our sponsors we may eliminate the other ads. We'll see.

Overall not many have complained about them, as they are just about everywhere now.
Keep the C!
Adam
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

Hey, if you can make a little off from it, by all means do it! Like Adam said, they are everywhere and if they aren't blocked from Adblock or some such I just ignore them and don't really notice them anymore.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Sir Adam wrote:the ads are no longer just content-driven (of that page), and some odd things show up from time to time.
Understatement of the year, Sir Adam. And we're just on the 3rd day. :wink:
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Sickboyuk
C Boater

Post by Sickboyuk »

I assume that were talking about the add for http://www.filipinocupid.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; that popped up down the right hand side of the screen a minute ago :wink:
pmp
CBoats Addict

Post by pmp »

thanks for reply folks. I may try them on my paddlepointers. Just about to start a paddlepointer video on scrub boofs :D
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca