Peak uk dry suit

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

dgmonster
Pain Boater

Peak uk dry suit

Post by dgmonster »

Any one tried one of these dry suits in a c-boat? I'm just wondering how that zipper is while kneeling. I just want info from people who own a peak uk dry suit or c-boaters who have tried using one in their boat. Thanks
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Re: Peak uk dry suit

Post by oopsiflipped »

think this came up not too long ago. not sure if anyone answered that thread.
GregS

Post by GregS »

Virtually all my paddling is done in the open-necked Peak UK Adventurer one piece suit. This is basically the Creek but without the latex inner neck seal. In my case, it's also without good seals in the feet.. but that's because I've abused the tape on the seals: that end wasn't a problem before, and will hopefully not be a problem again once I've renewed the tape!

The main difference from every other suit is the position of the access zip: starts at the inside of one ankle, goes up one inseam and then back down on the other side. This really does make getting the suit on and off as straightforward as putting a jacket / cag on: works brilliantly.

The zip is one of the new, more flexible types: from a comfort point of view that's a vast improvement on the traditional, very stiff zips. I've never noticed it coming under any stress when I'm moving around in the canoe, and it's never got in the way. The zip does appear rather less robust than the traditional monsters: not just a Peak UK thing, as others now use the same style of zip.

I've used the suit in assorted white water canoes (albeit mostly briefly, and only once for more than 2 hours at a stretch) and don't recall ever noticing the zip: it certainly didn't bother me.

FWIW, the Adventure suit strikes me as miles ahead of the rest of year round open canoeing, as you can also open the neck. I would prefer the more bombproof neck seal for winter white water canoeing where I'd anticipate rolling... but I can do the neck up tightly enough on the Adventure for most purposes... and when it's hot I can just open it up!
Sickboyuk
C Boater

Post by Sickboyuk »

Had the Peak creek suit for a few weeks now and its been great, nice not to have that big zip across my shoulders under the pfd. Not really noticed the zip in the boat, canoe or kayak, and no leaks, so yes it does work, how long it lasts is the question but I have not heard of any failures this side of the pond after a few years of being on the market.
It does feel super tough in all the wear areas, and the cuts great, so far I've not found anything I'd change, which is rare for me with any kit.
Oh and size wise, they come up pretty big in all directions, I've got a XXL, could easily fit in the XL, but couldn't resist a bargain. :o