OC1 HATE??? WHAT THE?....

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

leclercraven
C Guru

Re: OC1 HATE??? WHAT THE?....

Post by leclercraven »

What have I done?!! I have created a monster.....AAAAARRRGHH!!!! :evil:
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

:lol:

That's easy to do on the innanet. No worries however. Just about all the posts have been positive or tongue-in-cheek humour (please note the British spelling :wink: ).

Also, look at how many posts you've made through this whole thread. That helps with your total count! 8)

As if that counts for anything. Let the laughter ring, but remember to go boat and GET OFF THE COMPUTER! Srsly. And no posts here about me needing to do the same. I'm working right now. :P
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

ViewfromaCanoe wrote:
cheajack wrote:"Kayaking Sucks" stickers for all your boats available from WRW

I saw one of these stickers while riding in the car with my kayaker friends. Whatever happened to the Golden Rule. Being a hater certainly isn't going to fix the haters.

If you've got one of these stickers (or a similar attitude) try and be quiet and don't ruin canoeing for the rest of us. How old are we now?

Todhunter is right ... it was made to be a joke ... and we took it and made it our own
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
boatbuster
CBoats Addict

Post by boatbuster »

Tell the kayak wuss when he gets ready to grow a pair and lose the rubber tu-tu, you can fix him up with a man's boat. Then spend your money elsewhere, and let his boss know it's because he insults open boaters.
CurlyFries
Pain Boater

Post by CurlyFries »

boatbuster wrote:Tell the kayak wuss when he gets ready to grow a pair and lose the rubber tu-tu, you can fix him up with a man's boat.
+1

But yea, he was probably just joking around. Most kayakers I know respect open boaters for paddling a boat with a big hole in it... Until you run them over going into an eddy :D

Dave
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

The owner of the store already posted his reply back on page 2 about leclercraven's experience. In case you did not read it, here it is:
I am glad that someone has brought your experience to my attention! My name is Kevin Cook and I am the manager of Ottawa Paddle Shack or now known as "Trailhead Paddle Shack"

As an open boater and c1 paddler exclusively I could not believe that this happened to you in my store!

The majority of our staff are whitewater kayakers and i have personally paddled with them all and there is no animosity what so ever towards open canoeists with any of our staff.

My staff and I do occasionally give each other a hard time all in good fun on the river as the kayaker vs open boater seems to never get old.

That being said, I have spoken to all my staff about this incident and the employee who you were talking to has stepped forward and offers his apologies over the miscommunication, as he was honestly joking with you about being an open boater. He has nothing but the up-most respect for paddlers in general and we all feel that it doesn't matter what craft you choose when your on the water as long as your having fun.

If you have any concerns don't hesitate to call, email, pm, or post.

Cheers,
Kevin Cook

http://www.ottawapaddleshack.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's pretty clear to me and the issue is closed. Move along.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
boatbuster
CBoats Addict

Post by boatbuster »

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuse me. I don't always have time to read through four pages of comments and addressed mine based on the initial post.

While this one employee was just doing the good-natured teasing, there are other paddle sports stores that increasingly act like canoeing is from a bygone era or only suitable for flat water (they have not figured out yet how it is catching on with a whole new generation of WW paddlers who are getting bored with kayaking!) One of my worst experiences was looking for canoeing gear – ANY canoeing gear – in Colorado Kayak Supply in Buena Vista, CO (I guess the name should have tipped me off) Guy acted like I was crazy to ask and seemed to have no idea canoes could be used in WW. Apparently this attitude I fairly common in the Western US .... we got a lot of stares and some friendly questions from kayakers while paddling the Ark. Weird how the same shop and a lot of others carry all this SUP stuff....boards, paddles, etc...but still can't figure out that whitewater canoeing is experiencing resurgent popularity. Guess we will just have to show them.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

boatbuster wrote: ... Guess we will just have to show them.
... that some of us will take offense over :wink: ... nothing at all.
    ^~^~^ different strokes ~ for different folks ^~^~^
    boatbuster
    CBoats Addict

Post by boatbuster »

No, what I meant was, we will have to show them that canoes are back by buying and paddling canoes and gear from our own companies until they realize that they are missing out on $ by making paddling shops so kayak-oriented.
    KNeal
    CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Just understand that the original poster is satisfied with the business owner's response and this issue for him is closed so this thread is finished. Time to move on from this one.
    C-boats Moderator

leclercraven
    C Guru

Post by leclercraven »

I'm guilty of having put up this post... Too much negativity in here... All my fault I guess!
    I hope I can finish this off and bring a smile to everyone's face by posting a few pics of mine... :P
    leclercraven
    C Guru

Post by leclercraven »

leclercraven wrote:I'm guilty of having put up this post... Too much negativity in here... All my fault I guess!
    I hope I can finish this off and bring a smile to everyone's face by posting a few pics of mine... :P
    Oops...pics were too big...here ya go!
    Attachments
    CANOE KAYAK.jpg
    windowshade
    C Boater

Post by windowshade »

leclercraven wrote:
    leclercraven wrote:I'm guilty of having put up this post... Too much negativity in here... All my fault I guess!
    Oops...pics were too big...here ya go!

Those are great pics!

Paul :D
    bôchamp
    C Boater

Post by bôchamp »

Hah !
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50 ... nCanoe.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
    CurlyFries
    Pain Boater

Post by CurlyFries »

^^ hahaha. Awesome.