Big Day of Canoeing

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Big Day of Canoeing

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Earlier this week I got to paddle the Toxaway River in North Carolina. It had all the elements that I love about a canoe adventure: incredible scenery, wilderness setting, great rapids, epic portages and even a hike-out. It was the biggest day I've ever had canoeing and it was one of the most beautiful river gorges I've ever had the privilege to see.

Here is the blog post John Grace put up with some photos and video from the trip.

Dooley

http://canoemovie.amongstit.com/?p=375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
milkman
C Maven

Re: Big Day of Canoeing

Post by milkman »

Okay, okay. I want to see the movie. The whole movie. When you get it done, just tell me where to send my check and firstborn.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Haha! That sounds good Milkman! :D

The movie will be 100% done by the end of February and will be premiering at the Canoecopia Show and going on sale in early March.
jerm
c

Post by jerm »

Hey Dooley, could your videos be a little longer? We don't see much of any rivers you paddle, only some short shots... I guess you want to keep the footage for The Canoe Movie 2, but come on... Anyway nice descent, congratulations, you're pushing the sport forward!
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Hey Jerm! I don't make the videos. John Grace (LVM/AmongstIt) who is filming Canoe Movie 2 put the teaser together. I think he's wanting to show people enough to get them fired up for the movie. It's coming out in March.

The Toxaway is a spectacular river and we got some awesome footage. We had two cameras going all day.
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

Congrats on baggin the Toxaway Dooley. I can't get enough of videos from it ( which is the only way I or other mortals will ever see it) and now with an OC. Those looooonnngg a$$ crack bedrock slides are amazing. I know I'll be buying the movie.
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Thanks Dennis. I hope to see you at ALF!
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

In the ALF thread (sticky above), Richard says that the Canoe Movie 2 will show after the Tellico Race. Is that a sure thing? Will the DVD be on sale there?
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Cheajack, DVDs should be on sale and available by ALF. Also, I believe John Grace is planning to do a premiere in Knoxville (possibly downtown or Old City) during the week of ALF.