Robson Homes PE

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Re: Robson Homes PE

Post by Craig Smerda »

Length: 305 cm 10` | Width: 70 cm 28“ | Height: Bow: 48 cm 19“ ; Centre 40 cm 16“ | Weight: 16 kg 35 lbs | Volume: 390 ltr. 103 gal | Material: Armerlite

Which means it's actually narrower and shorter than the 'original'... which makes me think the mold was made directly from a production boat.

Looks as though it also has a plastic saddle base. Nice work Robert. :D

Here's some comparison pictures of a Homes & Prelude Dennis (Kanur) posted several years ago.
Attachments
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0427.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

avlclimber wrote:For us non-metric Americans:

length 296 cm > 9' 8.5"
width 70 cm > 2' 3.5" (27.5")
height Bow 48 cm, Center 40 cm (18.8", 15.7")
weight 24 kg > 52.9 lbs
volume 380 ltr.
material PE-Superlinear
capacity 120 kg > 264.5 lbs

That is pretty awesome turn-around from the suggestion 4 days ago in this thread:
https://cboats.net/cforum3/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=15

That's a sweet looking boat.
Copycat. :P
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

Well......... as probably the only person in the US to have owned a Homes and a Prelude at the same time, here is my take.

Both are about the same as far as dryness. The Homes is faster and has more initial stability, it feels more like an Ocoee than it does a Prelude.

That being said my Homes was made of Armelite and it was very stiff and light. As Craig has pointed out the posted size is smaller than the original, mine was exactly 10' long. IMO I think it would be better for it to grow a little rather than shrink but if they can keep the hull good and flat and the chines sharp it may be OK.

I always thought a plastic Homes would be perfect for me but after getting a L'Edge it would be my choice of the two but I'm sure others would love the speed the longer length provides.

Keep the new plastic boats coming.
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I'd be interested to learn about a detailed comparison between the Homes and the radically modified "Craig's Mystical Black L'Edge" which has been pulled in quite a bit. Thoughts?
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Smurfwarrior wrote:I'd be interested to learn about a detailed comparison between the Homes and the radically modified "Craig's Mystical Black L'Edge" which has been pulled in quite a bit. Thoughts?
I bet you would... :lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Tease!