How do I add a picture on this thing?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

thomsonbytheriver
Pain Boater

How do I add a picture on this thing?

Post by thomsonbytheriver »

Couldn't find this in the FAQ and I'm not tech savvy- how do I add a picture in a post like this? I see the Img button, but I don't know how to use it. Does it have to be taken from a URL address or can I post a file directly from my computer. I can't seem to copy and paste it.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Re: How do I add a picture on this thing?

Post by Smurfwarrior »

You have to have the pic hosted by an offsite source such as Photobucket or Vimeo then you click the pic icon and put the direct pic link between the two (IMG) tag things.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

you can also attach the photo if its on your hard drive, just select it in the dialogue below the posting window...
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Hi, thomson. You can post images directly from your computer by going below the text box and looking for the "upload attachment" box.

Click on the browse button and go to where your image(s) is/are stored on your computer and click on that to open the file.

It'll load into your post, then click on "add the file".

At that point, you can "preview" to see what it looks like then click "submit" and VIOLA! Your image is posted on the forum.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

Great information, especially the upload attachment box so that you don't have to have off site hosting.

This is good info to repost every once in a while to encourage photo usage!
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thomsonbytheriver
Pain Boater

Post by thomsonbytheriver »

Thanks for the input- getting a new carbon Groove this week- want to post a gratuitously steamy photo of it.

Ian
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

A new GROOVE!?! GROOVEY! I think there's something in the user agreement that requires you to post multiple photos of a new Groove :wink: I wonder when the last one was built.