Tandemonium / Tandemnation

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TANDEMonium weekend on Lower Yough....

14-15 July
38%
11-12 August
24%
18-19 August
No votes
25-26 August
38%

Total votes: 21

Not Elvis
C Guru

Tandemonium / Tandemnation

Post by Not Elvis »

OK Kids!

It's time to talk Tandemonium. I have had discussions with several C-Kin about dates and hereby post the following dates for consideration.

14-15 July
11-12 August
18-19 August
25-26 August

These dates factor in a number of items. I am avoiding scheduling on the same weekend as TRPC's Turkeybash (4-5 August), because Big Al will likely swim solo on that weekend, and that defeats the purpose of "TANDEMonium" I also avoided the 28 July weekend due to a MDCC function, whose coordinator, believe or not, contacted me in order to deliberately AVOID being on the river at the same time as our merry band of miscreants. And most importantly, Riverscout, my partner in crime, is only available on these weekends as well. And a tandemonium without St. Pete is like a river trip without water--something pretty important is missing...

Anyway, I can't remember if I lost track of other important festivals, like Deerfield, etc. (Cheeks feel free to chime in)

So can everybody interested in this chime in so we can nail down the weekend date?

I lack the skills, secret decoder ring, and carpal tunnel to post this as a poll. If it merits such, can those empowered please poll it?

J. Robbins
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Tandemonium / Tandemnation

Post by PAC »

Poll added to assist in the merry mayhem!

At this point .. all dates look good to me! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Post by ohioboater »

I'll be there anyway with my family the week leading up to the 14th, so I went ahead and voted on that date.
OC1Adam

Post by OC1Adam »

All dates work for me, but I had to pick one... and if the lady is away that last weekend anyway, I guess I can paddle tandem and sleep solo for a change!

Hey J - you running in the Shredder for this?

- G
Big Al
CBoats Addict

Post by Big Al »

I'd be happy to lead the Swim team, as usual, for Tandemonium. All those dates look good for me.

Big Al
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

Dam internet is spotty here in the 'pyle, I'm missing everything

I voted for the first weekend you have listed for two reasosns:

1) Deerfield Fest is June 30th, and the open boat weekend is tenatively slated for the weekend before and

2) The lake level is pretty pitiful, and a little bird - i.e. everyone - tells me LY levels could get pretty bony come August, so the earlier the better. We certainly don't want to unpin anyone at Railroad

BTW, I'm here all summer, so if any open boaters/kayakers/anyone wants to paddle a canoe/tandem/inflatable couch/whatever, hit me up

All right Jay, all the pressure is off me...
Chris Loomis
Not Elvis
C Guru

Post by Not Elvis »

I don't see any input from TonyB. I seem to recall discussing a pirate theme for this event with him at Tohickon. AAAAARRRRR! St. Pete and I are making provisions as we speak to bring our black boat out for piracy. We'll each wear an eyepatch on opposite eyes, so depth perception shouldn't be an issue.

I have two Noah Canoah Amerika C2s available for anyone in need of craft. These craft are not available for Big Al or Gnarlz, though. I like my boats "seam-free." I also have the world's only Perception HD-2 for a team weighing a combined 300lbs or less. It has gone down the Lower twice--once by St.Pete and me without incident, and once by yahoos from Baltimore who had unfortunate incidents the whole day.

J.
Riverscout
C Boater

Post by Riverscout »

In addition to the boats Not-Elvis has to offer, I have a Mohawk Probe 12 outfitted tandem for a heavyweight dynamic-duo to bounce around the river in!!

Tony....If a Swashbuckling Pyratical Endevour should befall our group......you, my fine friend shall be placed in charge of the RUM!!!!! Bow paddlers will be permitted to abandon ship only to board unsuspecting k1 vessels at any time during the trip.
jnorto01
C Guru

Post by jnorto01 »

Aug 25-26 works for Margaret and me.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

Tonyb is in NC this week with Eli, so we prolly won't hear from him til after cheatfest. I'm good for whenever, I think.
Joe
Not Elvis
C Guru

Post by Not Elvis »

Another tandem is available for loan! One Caption in great condition with dual saddle and double strap setup. My friends from Maine can't make it down this summer, so it is up for grabs if someone is in need.

Aaron, I hope you and Kelly can make it--in the Probe 12 II or even this Caption!

J.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Other tandems will be available as well.... Duets (C2S)! Let me know.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Walsh
CBoats Addict

Post by Walsh »

Most of these dates look good. Marissa and I are in, as long as I can dynamite her out of the buttboat for a day. Last one we made was 07 . . . :o
FURZTROCKEN!
Walsh
CBoats Addict

Post by Walsh »

Has anyone made an effort to reach out to the boys at Blackfly? They're the ones pushing the tandem envelope these days. It would be pretty cool to have them show up, and they might sell an Octane or two.
FURZTROCKEN!
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Post by arhdc »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kelly says she will take the bow if I can get us a boat to run.

It sounds like fun.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.