Upper weight range for a Genesis

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TNbound
CBoats Addict

Upper weight range for a Genesis

Post by TNbound »

Who knows what the upper end for a Genesis is? I'm thinking of sticking a second saddle in one I have for some action on summer class 3. My brother and I combined are about 300.
The question is.... Will it float?! 8)
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
drrpm
C Guru

Re: Upper weight range for a Genesis

Post by drrpm »

It will float. The Genesis is 6 inches longer and an inch wider than the Esquif Blast, which is sometimes used as an OC2. I don't know how well it will work, but it should be servicable for class 3 use. Let us know how it works out.
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

When you compare it to the blast that way, it makes it sound pretty reasonable!
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
Lappie
C Guru

Post by Lappie »

My brother in law paddle one as a tandem with is wife, and they are over 300lbs combine weight, and they love it!!
Eli paddle it last year with different people, maybe he will remember and chime in!!!
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

Just saw a fully-outfitted Blast FS in New York (posted right here on Cboats) if you want to go that route...
Peace Pow and Paddling!
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

truckeeboater wrote:Just saw a fully-outfitted Blast FS in New York (posted right here on Cboats) if you want to go that route...
I prefer the cheap/free route... especially for a boat I probably won't spend a ton of time in.
-Anthony