Help me ID my dagger canoe model

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

watermonkey
C Boater

Help me ID my dagger canoe model

Post by watermonkey »

I have a beater dagger canoe, measures 13' 1+'. The guy i bought it from said it was an ovation, maybe an encore - dagger specs listed on paddling.net indicate it might be a Genesis. What is it? It's outfitted with thigh straps, foam pedestal, and i've installed footbraces and a bilge pump. It's fun, but no play boat. I've dubbed it the garbage barge because it seems slow. If it is a Genesis, there's not a lot of info about them on here so feedback on the boat would be appreciated. It's also 29+" wide at the gunnels over the saddle and i was wondering if I pulled the thwarts in an inch or so if would speed this boat up a little and make offside paddling a little easier (and i understand that I might loose some rocker and primary stability as a result). I know its a relic, but I also don't care about hitting every rock in the river with it- I'm a few years out from uprading (sans getting divorced over yet another toy in the garage) so it has to work for a while. I'm not creeking in this, mostly bigger rivers like the Colorado and Roaring Fork in the Glenwood springs area - (the wavesport Z in the crawlsapce will be my winter C1 conversion project for smaller water). And (last question...promise) how hard is it to roll this thing? The first pool roll session did not leave me feeling confident. Thanks for the feedback.
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Re: Help me ID my dagger canoe model

Post by cheajack »

Pics would help. Ovation = 11', Encore = 13'2", Genesis = 13'6". Use the boat museum, I did.
sdbrassfield
Supporting Paddler

Post by sdbrassfield »

WaterMonkey,

I thought the Genesis was the shorter of the two...The Genesis is the one that is right at 13'2".

The Encore is longer than the Genesis...

I stand corrected. I thought the encore was the long boat since it is so popular for tamdem conversions...
Last edited by sdbrassfield on Mon May 28, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SYOTR
Virgil3
c

Post by Virgil3 »

http://dagger.com/assets/images/uploads/files/DG92.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Page 9 - specs for both

Hope that helps.