Best kids Canoe?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

avlclimber
C Guru

Re: Best kids Canoe?

Post by avlclimber »

Saw a Splash @ ARF this year. I was impressed with it.

As to banging rocks, etc: I knocked on it with my fist and it seemed bomber. The fella said it was floatplane pontoon technology.

I wouldn't be concerned about wear and abuse from a paddler of tiny weight--even over rocks or drifting downstream sans paddler. ...And you are guaranteed resale to the next paddler with kids when yours get too big.
Carol
C Guru

Post by Carol »

Boy if you could find an old Mad River Flashback or Fantasy, built perfect for a kid. narrow, low profile, great in water up to 3+. My son started off in on at age 10.
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Post by ohioboater »

There's way more to fitting a kid in a boat than just sticking them in something short or chopping down the gunwale height on a hull that was designed to float an adult.

If you want a kid to have a really good experience, they need a hull that has been volume scaled to match their weight/size.

Right now, best I can tell, the CC Splash is the only OC that has actually been designed/scaled for a kid sized paddler.