c1 playboat crazy 88 vs WSprojectX vs Fluid Nemesis

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

lung
C Guru

c1 playboat crazy 88 vs WSprojectX vs Fluid Nemesis

Post by lung »

I know next to nothing about playboats. Anyone that has paddled any of these boats care to comment on what they like about these designs? I've heard general things like this makes a great c1, but I'm hoping to find some more particulars. I came across a Dagger Crazy 88 6.3 for sale that has been converted, but the outfitting looks pretty crappy and I know it's a bit older than the other two I've been keeping my eye out for. The ends seem to have bit less volume in the 88 than the Nemesis or the Project X. I've heard some complaints about pearling. ALso would love any other suggestions. Only can afford a used boat at the moment, so the more options the better.
oc ender
C Guru

Re: c1 playboat crazy 88 vs WSprojectX vs Fluid Nemesis

Post by oc ender »

I just purchased a Project x.I'm almost done with the outfitting so I don't have a review of on the water.I do think however, it's gonna' make a sweet playboat.It's wide, looks stable. Great edges but looks forgiving.. Large keyhole,easy escape. Not sure about pearling, I think if the saddle is positioned properly it shouldn't be an issue.I'm doing the fence post rail so the seat is going to be adjustable.The Nemisis would make a great playboat also.

My idea is to make the outfitting adjustable, removeable, and built without drilling new holes or gluing to the hull so you can adjust, or remove easily if the boat isn't working for you and sell it to fund another one.

I'll post my outfitting and review of the boat when I get it in the surf.
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
lung
C Guru

Re: c1 playboat crazy 88 vs WSprojectX vs Fluid Nemesis

Post by lung »

Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing how it goes oc ender!