Stomper 90?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

lung
C Guru

Stomper 90?

Post by lung »

Anyone out there using one as a conversion that would be willing to provide a review? I was leaning towards an Everest, but I'm starting to consider something rounder. How much better would the Stomper be for boofing off of waterfalls and rocks compared to the Everest? My goal is to run some of the steep low volume creeks that line the North Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. I've heard allot of good things about the Everest on here, but I haven't found a single first hand review of the Stomper. There is also a used L Karnali in my area, but I'm thinking some more rocker would be a good thing. I want a boat specifically for these creeks, so I'm not worried about it's river running capability.
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Re: Stomper 90?

Post by TNbound »

I just started paddling a Stomper 90 as a kayak, but I'll give a few quick words....

Good primary stability and excellent secondary. Just enough edge to snap the boat around if you really lean it over, but not so much to trip you up. The volume keeps the boat on top of just about everything. Boofs very easily. Feels very nimble and quick to make a change in direction if needed, but is also fast enough in a straight line.

Awesome boat over all. I think it would be an excellent C1 for the steep stuff.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."