2013 Calendar is up...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

2013 Calendar is up...

Post by adkSara »

***!!! The calendar is BACK UP in the store.

Our fixes of pages & captions are all correct in the product design on CafePress.

I have just gotten off the phone (after very, very long holds with a squeeky four month old in the background! :) ) The CafePress representative and I have gone through the images/captions in question and all are correct regardless of the previews. Apparently the site is having some issues with previews of products and sometimes the preview is showing an old cached version or is not even available. They are working through this on their end and hope to solve the glitch soon.

If you have already purchased a calendar, production is pending and being printed so all calendars in the works should be correct.

Thank you for all your patience with us as we worked through this***!!!

Done!

Awesome photographs, thank you to all who sent in images. Take a look in the CBoats.net store over at CafePress.com.

Also as a side note, stickers were requested of the CBoats.net logo as well as some others. There is a new section in the store called stickers with some designs available.

If anyone has some ideas for sayings or designs for the store, please send me a pm and let me know. We'll hopefully be updating the store over the coming months.
Last edited by adkSara on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
adkSara
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Re: 2013 Calendar is up...

Post by Creeker »

Looks like you set up a 2013 title but maybe linked in the config file for the old 2012 content.
solo_konoe
Pain Boater

Post by solo_konoe »

http://www.cafepress.com/cboatstore/9587316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Try a refresh of the browser... worked fine last night before we posted here anyway...

Kenneth may be sprucing up the site for us a bit too which may create other (short term) issues this weekend (shouldn't, but who knows with CafePress...).
Keep the C!
Adam
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

A few issues are coming up with CafePress and uploads of pages of the calendar images.

We're working on the fixes now with the site. Please hold off until Monday to purchase a calendar to allow CafePress time to fix things.

In short there was an error on our part in one image (thanks for pointing that our Creeker!) and two others we caught and corrected yesterday have not cycled through for some reason (in our upload bucket on the "vendor" side it is correct, in the "purchaser" screen you see when you go to buy it they are not correct).

We're going to see if CafePress corrects this overnight - if it does the calendar will be live again tomorrow.

We'll keep you posted.

Thank you for your patience!

Adam & Sara
Keep the C!
Adam
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Excellent pics!
Dave.E
C Guru

Post by Dave.E »

Crap, I ordered one mid day Saturday. Is it all good or should I contact cafepress?

Dave
https://vimeo.com/user32086287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Unfortunately we have no idea what stage their processing is at (that is all internal to CafePress). From what we can see they are all pending processing (have not shipped, may not have been printed).

We're also not clear on how many errors in reality their are - we made one, which we've corrected. The problem is there are two others that appear correct on our side of things but are incorrect when you do a calendar view if you want to purchase it. And though they claim "what you see is what you get" obviously it will only be for one of us!

The images are all fine, it is the photo description that is incorrect.

Apologies to all - if you ordered perhaps try a cancel and reorder, or wait and see what shoes up realizing you may have a very unique calendar (though not likely to be the collectors item incorrectly printed stamps are!)
Keep the C!
Adam
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

At this point we're going through the CafePress trouble ticket process. If we don't hear from them by 10am tomorrow we'll be calling them.

Sorry for the delay!
Keep the C!
Adam
Dave.E
C Guru

Post by Dave.E »

For anyone else who ordered already, I emailed them inquiring and got the following response:

Question:
I ordered a calender mid day Saturday. Later in the day, one of the creators of the calender noticed a number of issues with it. The calender was removed from the website until the corrections are made.

Will the calender I receive be the updated version or old one?

Thanks!

Answer:
Dear David,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

Yes, the calendar will be in perfect condition.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.
adkSara
C Guru

Post by adkSara »

The calendar is BACK UP in the store.

Our fixes of pages & captions are all correct in the product design on CafePress.

I have just gotten off the phone (after very, very long holds with a squeeky four month old in the background! ) The CafePress representative and I have gone through the images/captions in question and all are correct regardless of the previews. Apparently the site is having some issues with previews of products and sometimes the preview is showing an old cached version or is not even available. They are working through this on their end and hope to solve the glitch soon.

If you have already purchased a calendar, production is pending and being printed so all calendars in the works should be correct.

Thank you for all your patience with us as we worked through this, and we're sorry this year's calendar reveal was so difficult.
adkSara
Dave.E
C Guru

Post by Dave.E »

adkSara wrote:Thank you for all your patience with us as we worked through this, and we're sorry this year's calendar reveal was so difficult.
I'm sure we are all just happy that the calender was made!

Thanks for all the effort that was put into it
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Looks great!
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

http://www.cafepress.com/cboatstore/9587316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

really like the cover tandem shot, the green gnarrows shots as well but he one I want to run is that drop Sabrina is dropping into, looks fun. Great Job Sara.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

January almost looks warm! Almost! ;) Great pix... thanks for the effort Sara!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!