Trip Subforum - recombine with this one?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

What do we do with the Tripping sub-forum?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Recombine it... less forums is better
43%
Keep it separate - if I'm interested I'll look there
14%
We have a tripping sub-forum?
43%
Don't care
No votes

Total votes: 14

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Trip Subforum - recombine with this one?

Post by Sir Adam »

Several years ago the main forum was getting pretty cluttered with folks using it to hook up with their friends on a regional basis - though we asked folks to use their local boards instead, it didn't always happen, so we created the tripping subforum as a place folks could use for local gatherings, with larger gatherings (Armadas, ALF, ARF, Cheatfest, etc...) that would draw folks from father away still in the main forum.

With FaceBook most folks are hooking up to paddle that way, and the tripping forum use has dropped off a bit... and many of the posts are folks asking about areas they are not as familiar with, or noting when something special locally is running.

So, the poll - would you like the Tripping forum kept separate, or should we combine them?
Keep the C!
Adam
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Re: Trip Subforum - recombine with this one?

Post by arhdc »

I say combine it. Most of that does happen on Facebook or with email listserves. Too much fragmentation makes things more cluttered.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

I'm not so concerned with connecting with others for trips, as I am in sharing some of my trip experiences with others, and enjoying similar from them.

You might want to check out SOTP or Song of the Paddle, a UK website that tolerates long "blogs" about trips, filled with pictures. I've posted a lot of new and old trip descriptions there, with BB coded pictures comprising more of the descriptions than words.

I know how to do the same on cboats, but haven't done so because it wasn't clear if it was expected or wanted.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Trip reports are always good! And in the main forum is fine for them.

I'll be combining the forums shortly, but may update the "forum rules" to note that the forum should not be used for gatherings that are solely local among a few friends. Longer trips where folks are headed out of town are very welcome though.

I may leave the beginners forum separate, or may recombine it. There is a good little subcommunity there and I think it is easier for new folks to post questions in that forum and get answers than in the main forum (less intimidating anyway).

Still thinking on that one.
Keep the C!
Adam
adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Post by adamin »

Trip forum is now recombined here and forum rules updated. Thank you all for your feedback!