Very sorry to hear this news from yesterday at ALF

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

boatbuster
CBoats Addict

Very sorry to hear this news from yesterday at ALF

Post by boatbuster »

Praying for his family and rescuers involved:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/259046 ... n-Smokies-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JzP
Pain Boater

Re: Very sorry to hear this news from yesterday at ALF

Post by JzP »

sending positive thoughts.
pblanc
CBoats Addict

Post by pblanc »

Indeed.

Hopefully it is not too impolitic to ask this soon after the tragedy, but I have been following this since I heard about the event yesterday and something is still not clear to me.

Did this entrapment occur in the main drop at the Sinks, or the second drop of the Screaming Meanies just above? From the photos it looks like the rescue attempt is being undertaken at one of the approximately 5' drops of the Meanies. I imagine there will be an accident report soon enough.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

I'll ask for patience on asking for details at this time. While the boaters involved with the rescue have access to the internet and could respond, they are still there boating for this week and this event may hang around them during this time and for a long time afterward. More info. will follow--that's the nature of our boating community.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Updated information for the accident at the meanies above the actual sinks drop.
http://www.thedailytimes.com/Local_News ... -id-034055
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Our thoughts and prayers from all of us at CBoats.net go out to Dr. Steve Senior's family, friends, and patients, and a Thank You to those on the river that day that did everything they could.
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Our thoughts are with all....
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

I'm sure more details will be forthcoming, for now I think the family should have their time. A bunch of us were there and I can say, having just watched someone die on the river, that I hope I never have to do that again. The rescue effort was heroic, and that goes for everyone involved. A few of the boys went above and beyond the call

Play hard, stay safe, and thoughts to his family
Chris Loomis
OC One Blade
C Guru

Post by OC One Blade »

Very sad news. My prayers are with the family and friends that they may with time celebrate his life rather than mourn his death.

That all boaters involved in the rescue effort acquitted themselves well doesn't surprise me at all.

Stay safe brothers and sisters...
Atucky
CBoats Addict

Post by Atucky »

Sad news indeed.

Steve put forth great effort to travel to the SE for an epic boating trip. I hate to see it ended this way. I hope everyone at ALF will dedicate a run, a boof a rock spin, or awesome line to this guy.

Praying for his family and friends.
Adam Trunnell
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

Very sad news.

My thoughts continue to be with the CBoating community.

My condolences to family and friends.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

We realize many folks are looking here for information, and add this to the thread.

I thank all posters for keeping this thread respectful of all.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ ... g-accident" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Sir Adam on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
Keep the C!
Adam
Coz Teplitz
C Boater

Post by Coz Teplitz »

I was very saddened to hear this news. I recently lost a friend in a climbing accident, and, for me, the suddenness of a loss like this is the hardest part. Someone much loved, whose last conversations were probably contented because of what they were doing, suddenly snatched from the world. My heart goes out to his friends, family, and all who were at the scene that day. Be careful, everyone.
ice-breaker
Pain Boater

Post by ice-breaker »

Sir Adam wrote:We realize many folks are looking here for information, and add this to the thread.

I thank all posters for keeping this thread respectful of all.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ ... g-accident" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was very saddened to hear of this terrible tragedy. Based on the link provided above, it sounds as though the loss of Dr Senior will have a large impact on his family, friends, and community.
SinglebladeBlues
C Boater

Post by SinglebladeBlues »

My wife and I were very sad to hear what happened to Dr. Steve Senior. While we never met the man, we didn't have to to know he was one of the good guys. He was a paddler. That's all we needed to know. Paddlers are some of nicest folks you you could ever meet.

All of us know that our sport is inherently dangerous. But none of us ever peel out of that first eddy of the day thinking we won't make it to the take out. Tragedies like this put life in a different light. While you can't live your life in fear, it may make you look at you risk taking a little differently.

The Seniors, their freinds, and everyone involved will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Rob