Come to Ledyard Riverfest next weekend!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

jharris
C Boater

Come to Ledyard Riverfest next weekend!

Post by jharris »

This coming weekend (April 12-14), the Ledyard Canoe Club will be holding our annual Riverfest in and around Hanover, NH. The event is a fundraiser for AW but also a really cool way to meet local boaters, participate in two whitewater races, and drink FREE BEER. On Friday we'll have a run/bike/paddle triathlon, followed up with a screening of a conservation-themed movie and discussion.

The main paddling events come on Saturday and Sunday. First is the Wells River Rumble-- a mass-start event on class IV whitewater. Depending on levels we might move the race to the Quechee Gorge. On Sunday we're hosting the 50th anniversary Mascoma Slalom race which we're hoping will be well attended by local paddlers and Dartmouth alumni who have been involved with the slalom throughout its history. Because it's not a mass start race and doesn't involve a waterfall, this is great race to open boat in

I'm our club's only C-boater, but I've always met one or two others at Riverfest-- it would be great if there was a big showing from local C1ers and open boaters, especially for the slalom where we can have a well organized open boating category with enough participants (the Wells River Rumble is always a bit of a mess, really fun but with a mass-start race it's hard to keep track of C1 vs. open boat vs. kayak times...)

I hope to see some of you next weekend! Oh yeah, I should emphasize that there is a party on Saturday night with live music, a raffle to raise money for AW and get you boating gear, and also FREE BEER!
Purple Dagger Ocoee, yellow ZG 48