Boat of the Week - Perception Sage

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Boat of the Week - Perception Sage

Post by Sir Adam »

Ah, the Sage. First Perception rotomolded C1. Paddles somewhat like a low-end touring kayak does today;)

http://www.cboats.net/c_db/list.php?typ ... &name=Sage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The plastic is known for being brittle (many self-destructed within a few years of manufacture, cracking in to lots of tiny plastic bits). And those that look in great shape today (not too faded, especially considering 30 years old) can be a bit "tender".

For those that posted a Dagger Cascade paddled like a log... you've clearly not paddled a Sage;)

All that said, it was a bit of a revolution when it appeared, and paddles similar to some of the glass boats of the era. Good forward speed, but a bit lumbering in the turns...
Keep the C!
Adam
clt_capt
C Guru

Re: Boat of the Week - Perception Sage

Post by clt_capt »

I learned to roll in a sage - or more correctly I got my first roll in a sage - it was easier to roll than the 80 cm Hahn that I also had access to... It wasn't bad compared to the 17' grumman with a lake keel that I also had access to... I never made it on the river with the sage, because I bought an ultramax. :D