Big, Modern Playboats?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Big, Modern Playboats?

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

So the workload from my course has finally dropped off toward the end, the sun has come out and the orbiting bodies are all aligned*; So I've been paddling more times in the last 7 days than I did in the previous 6 months...

I've concluded several things one is that I was clearly very down about my own playboating skills before I kind of abruptly stopped canoeing... Two is that having gained 15kg (about 33lb) and only an inch on my waist, I should probably stop kidding myself that my Crazy 88 is still the best boat for me.

Anyway, getting to the point; has anyone got experience of converting the largest sized examples of the current crop of playboats (or any other reasonably modern ones) I'm thinking specifically about the Jitsu 6.0, Large Jed [eye] and also possibly the larger size of the Titan Kayaks playboat; but all info is good info.

*No joke, Tidal rapids
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
oc ender
C Guru

Re: Big, Modern Playboats?

Post by oc ender »

I've converted a Project x 64,large volume but,but feels smaller in the current. Stable,very forgiving,large cockpit, easy to convert with the fence rail system.I paddle it on class II +,pretty fun.On a wave,super,I mean super fast.I seem to be behind it a bit but I hope to catch up with this year.All in all,love it and it'll help progress my river running skills immensely, which is the real reason behind getting it.

Highly recommended.
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
Another_Andrew
c

Post by Another_Andrew »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtHj1jXvYPg This link has some info in the comments about the performance of different sized Pyranha Jeds.

Hope it helps a little bit.

Andrew
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Interesting stuff... I weigh 210lbs so that may actually put the Large Jed out of the running, if people at 175lbs think it's the right boat for them...
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)