Pelican Canoe

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bôchamp
C Boater

Pelican Canoe

Post by bôchamp »

is it a good creek boat ? .. I'm thinking of buying one at my local canadian tire ...

must do a good duo ! there is even space for a third person ! imagine the possibilities !!
Barskekarsten
Pain Boater

Re: Pelican Canoe

Post by Barskekarsten »

Pelicans tend to bend a bit... Actually I have first hand expirience with it... :lol:

The seats have a terrible fastening method. The edge of the seat is molded togehter with the bracet you see screwed to the hull. The bracet is molded flush with the seat t bent 90 degrees and screwed to the hull. They break and the whole thing collapses really fast.
Last edited by Barskekarsten on Fri May 03, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

ive never seen a pilican boat that i thought was well put togeather. I dontlike bashing on this sight but...
lets just say theyre really economical, i mean cheap, i mean peices of....
Proud Yankee
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

:D Yeah, imagine the possibilities...and the good carnage shots until it breaks :lol:
You can be the trendsetter! :lol:
bôchamp
C Boater

Post by bôchamp »

mikey B ... you can be in the middle ... lucky guy !
thomsonbytheriver
Pain Boater

Post by thomsonbytheriver »

Mmmmyeaaaaaaah....no.

There's a reason you get them at Cambodian Tire.
Randy Dodson
C Guru

Post by Randy Dodson »

I've always wondered if this is the same Pelican that makes the bomber dry boxes
Parrot Head Paddler
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

Oh yeah Bochamp...next you'll tell me you are planning on running Lucifer's Anus in that baby! :lol: Now that would make for some good carnage video methinks!
djutzi
C Guru

Post by djutzi »

Mikey B wrote:Oh yeah Bochamp...next you'll tell me you are planning on running Lucifer's Anus in that baby! :lol: Now that would make for some good carnage video methinks!
You've obviously never been to Gatineau Fest! People run through the meat of Lucifer's in worse than that! Think old flatwater canoes with no flotation, otter-tail paddles, and bike helmets...
bôchamp
C Boater

Post by bôchamp »

hahah ! ... yes pelican boats could actually be considered high standard compared to the boîte à lunch people there =P !! (but i love boite a lunch people ! :P )

and yeah Randy, imagine if they were making there canoe as bullet proof as their boxes are !

Hater's gonna hate ... but 3 people in a canoe! must be fun !
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

The original Colman canoes were sold are white water canoes they use to play a white water video in the store. I bought mine around 1978 for 229 dollars at Caldors I then brought it to the Allagash used it mainly for fishing for 20+ years and sold it for 150 dollars :) I stored it indoors most of the time. I bought it for white water but never had the money back then to spend on the equipment for white water paddling and my friends would not go. No internet no idea of canoe clubs back then did everything with friends The internet has opens so many posiblity with paddling. Also it was a dog to paddle!
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

:D Yeah, I've never made the Gat fest...but seeing that boat, the talk of 3 paddlers, and his location made my mind go to the crazy videos I've see of the smackdowns of some crazy folks on Lucifer's and of course conclude that was his intention :-? :lol:
Now he just needs to get two others to do it with him!
bôchamp
C Boater

Post by bôchamp »

Coleman vs Pelican race ... les paries sont ouverts !
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

:roll: I was not aware that there were so many effete intellectual snobs on cboats! As shown in the pictures below, the Pelican and similar "low end" canoes are excellent for introducing the unwashed masses to whitewater.

hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

how many beer holders does she have? looks like 6 just right for 3 candians to paddle with a beer for each hand.
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'