Officially converting to C-1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Officially converting to C-1

Post by sbroam »

You're going to end up spending $50-100 on it - less if you have more raw materials (straps, buckles, foam), more if not. You probably will be tweaking it for a long time - less if you have somebody who has done it before who can help you out. I have been *really* pleased with how my Remix came out - it's based on a "etc plate" approach, with some snowboard traps at the knees, straps at the thighs with a snap shackle release and a saddle about 8" high. The key though is getting the angles of the straps right for *you* and having right foam in the right places to not only hold you in place (i.e. knee wedges, foam behind your butt) but to cushion as well (neoprene foam at the knees).
drrpm
C Guru

Post by drrpm »

It would be easier to stick a pump in the L'edge. I have a friend who has converted lots of K1's into C1's and he likes the Nomad 8.5 and Remix 79. I tried the Nomad which seemed to work well.
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

sbroam wrote:You're going to end up spending $50-100 on it - less if you have more raw materials (straps, buckles, foam), more if not. You probably will be tweaking it for a long time - less if you have somebody who has done it before who can help you out. I have been *really* pleased with how my Remix came out - it's based on a "etc plate" approach, with some snowboard traps at the knees, straps at the thighs with a snap shackle release and a saddle about 8" high. The key though is getting the angles of the straps right for *you* and having right foam in the right places to not only hold you in place (i.e. knee wedges, foam behind your butt) but to cushion as well (neoprene foam at the knees).
I really like the snap shackle setup in my Jefe Grande C1. One pull pops the skirt and the straps.
Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

I have played with the Jackson setup, and it's not terrible, but I think you can get much better results with fence rail conversions. I didn't ever get it out on a creek, just in a pool.

Hope this helps,
Shep
Danydan

Post by Danydan »

You should also think about the LL Stomper 90. Boofing is easy, handling is great, good speed... So far I'm quite happy with mine!

D.