Slip Clinic 2013 Pictures

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Pyker

Slip Clinic 2013 Pictures

Post by Pyker »

Another paddling clinic has come and gone on the Slippery Rock Creek in PA and it was enjoyed by all. This year we had 32 open boaters registered, though I did not hear the actual number of attendees. A number of us showed up a day early to get in a paddle and catch up from the long winter. Then following a long evening of beer, spice rum and Lime-a-Ritas, we proceeded with instruction and general mayhem for 2 more days.

There was a lot of progress from many of our return students and it was a pleasure to assist with the instruction and get upwards of 12 hours of creek time in. We missed several of our good friends who could not be there to savor in the goodness, but hopefully the following pictures from the 3 days help ease their pain.

http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/Pyker ... nic%202013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to all the paddlers who organized the event and supported through attendance, instructing, safety and generally great attitudes. With a special thanks to the grand poobah of organizing Bruce M.
Randy
Paddle Power
C Maven

Re: Slip Clinic 2013 Pictures

Post by Paddle Power »

Looks like a wonderful group.

It's always nice to get together with a group of OC paddlers.

Also a good range or collection of OC1s.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pblanc
CBoats Addict

Re: Slip Clinic 2013 Pictures

Post by pblanc »

It definitely was/is a good group.

Here is a list of open boats (and one C-1) that were present (I'm sure I am forgetting one or two): Esquif Raven, Esquif L'Edge Light, BlackFly Option, Dagger Ocoee, Dagger Phantom, Drakkar Wheelboy, Pyranha Prelude, Pyranha Spanish Fly, Mohawk Viper 12, Mohawk XL 11, Mohawk Probe 12, Mohawk Probe 13, Mohawk Shaman, Mohawk Probe 14 tandem, Bell Prodigy, Bell Prodigy X, Mad River Howler tandem, Mad River Outrage, Hemlock Shaman, Millbrook Shacho.