hamstring

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Brendan
C Guru

hamstring

Post by Brendan »

So I tied to waterski last week- first time in 15 years- the result was a moderate hamstring injury. I have iced and heated and started to do stretching exercises. I can now sort of walk without too much discomfort. There is still some pain but much improved over the last week since the injury on 8/2/13. The comments about the bump behind the knee were interesting and somewhat humorous. Anyone had a hamstring problem who C-boats- what can I expect in terms of getting back in the boat? Note to self- don't ever again let a boat try to pull me through the water.
Brendan
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Re: hamstring

Post by KNeal »

Time. It takes no time to get injured, but it takes time for an injury to heal to a reasonable level for return to increased activity--note that I said "reasonable level". Complete healing takes much longer and sometimes never comes to fruition. Age has a lot to do with that. 8)

Keep with the activities that do not strain/irritate the hamstrings and do active, gentle stretches for the hamstrings. I tell my runners to hold a stretch for 5-10 seconds then switch the stretch then return to that same stretch. They are to do 3-5 cycles of a stretch.

And since you are so young, you'll heal just fine. :lol: :wink:
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."