Posting images FAQ (edited Oct. 2013)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Posting images FAQ (edited Oct. 2013)

Post by Sir Adam »

As this keeps coming up... here is a quick FAQ on how to post images to this site (having them hosted here, not externally, which also works fine)

Please keep file size reasonable - I personally usually use .jpg files set to both "medium" quality and "medium" size, which yields (from the image editing programs I use) around a 100k file plus or minus. Plenty of quality for web work, and a good size.

Then,when you are posting:
1) Scroll down below the message box you are typing in and click "Choose File" to select the file you wish to upload
2) Select the file, etc…
(add a comment if you wish)
3) Click Add the File
4) A new box will appear that says "Attachments" just below your post - place your cursor in your message where you want the image, then click "Place inline"

Repeat and add multiple images as needed.
Keep the C!
Adam
Elvin
c

Re: Posting images FAQ

Post by Elvin »

Where do I find "Choose file" to start the process of attaching or inserting an image? Post page says I can add attachments, but I can't figure out how. Thanks. Elvin
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Posting images FAQ

Post by Mike W. »

I think the process has changed since it was posted. You actually click "Browse". This is located under the blue line which reads "Upload attachment"
Attachments
9.21.jpg