Labor Day! Trinity River CA! Who is coming?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

valhallalongboats
C Guru

Labor Day! Trinity River CA! Who is coming?

Post by valhallalongboats »

I'm just trying to get a totally unnecessary head-count on who is coming to the Trinity River this weekend. I am super pumped and ready to go. Anyone need a ride? Boat transport? My F-150 can move at least one more open boat and several more decked ones. Anyone need assistance? I've spent my whole summer guiding canoe trips, so this is my first chance in bloody months to just cut loose and have some fun, if you need help with your gear, just let me know.

Rob
Canoeing isn't a sport...its an art. Unfortunately, I am not exactly Michelangelo.
Hans Vidkjer
Pain Boater

Re: Labor Day! Trinity River CA! Who is coming?

Post by Hans Vidkjer »

valhallalongboats wrote:I'm just trying to get a totally unnecessary head-count on who is coming to the Trinity River this weekend. I am super pumped and ready to go. Anyone need a ride? Boat transport? My F-150 can move at least one more open boat and several more decked ones. Anyone need assistance? I've spent my whole summer guiding canoe trips, so this is my first chance in bloody months to just cut loose and have some fun, if you need help with your gear, just let me know.

Rob

Rob - I will be there. Camping at Hayden Flat campground Fri and Sat nites (possibly in the back part behind a gate). Boating Pigeon Pt Sat and Sun, put-in at 10 both days. May boat something Fri afternoon, if anyone else is willing. I have a purple Rodeo, and a silver Tacoma. See you there.
Hans
valhallalongboats
C Guru

Post by valhallalongboats »

Awesome!

I'll be driving the bright red F-150. I'll have what I imagine will be the only Encore and most likely the only Cascade C-1 on the river. I'm not sure where I'm staying yet, most likely I'll be somewhere around the Shasta Paddlers. Oh, and I'm six five with a big blonde mo-hawk. Its not likely you'll miss me. 8) I'll see you there!

Rob
Canoeing isn't a sport...its an art. Unfortunately, I am not exactly Michelangelo.
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

Any chance some folks might be interested in a similar gathering a few weeks from now? Maybe the last weekend in September? I'm bummed to have missed this one but would jump at the chance to run that stretch with folks who know it well.
Peace Pow and Paddling!
Hans Vidkjer
Pain Boater

Trinity...Again! Sept 14-15, last chance before fish flow!

Post by Hans Vidkjer »

That was some fine boating on the Trinity last weekend - with temps in the 90s and decent flow, it's about the best thing going locally right now. How about hitting it again before they turn the water off? Sept. 14th-15th will be the last weekend before the scheduled shut-off date. I'd be up for a couple more Pigeon Pt runs. Let me know if you're interested.
Hans
elunopaddle
c

Post by elunopaddle »

I'm in for sept 14-15 on the trinity. Pigeon point sounds great. Just lemme know
Meet place and time! I'll be in a prius or 4runner w an ancient Mad River ME.

Elunopaddle
"Half the paddle...you get the picture."
Hans Vidkjer
Pain Boater

Trinity River, CA! Sept 14-15; Who is coming?

Post by Hans Vidkjer »

Sept 14 and 15, Pigeon Pt. Meet at 10 at the put-in, both days. Give me a heads up if you're coming so we know to look for you.
Hans