Gauley Fest Camping

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

MrTgrips
CBoats Addict

Gauley Fest Camping

Post by MrTgrips »

It's that time of year again folks. Come one, come all to the 30th annual Gauley River Festival.

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/conte ... nts_gauley" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will be reserving a group site at Mountain Lake Campground near Summersville, WV again this year.

http://www.mountainlakecampground.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We usually have between 10 and 20 people on our site. The campground has told me they don't care how many we can fit there as long as we behave. :lol:

How the camping works is I pay for 8 people at the time of reservation. After that, anyone that shows up and wants to camp is welcome to join us, but you pay the campground directly 8$ per person per night. Check in time is 2:00p.m. Friday but if the site is empty you can set up early. Extra days of camping will be between you and the campground.

To stem the tide of private messages, the answer to "Hey, can I camp with ya'll?" is YES! The more the merrier. We're a pretty good group of regulars that do this and we love having new folks join us and we make sure everyone makes it down the river safely. We run the Lower Gauley, but some do the Upper too. We stay up late and have adult beverages by the fire, but if you want to have a blow-out party weekend the festival grounds might be a better camping situation for you. We often have youngsters and spouses in camp. :)

I can be reached phone or text at: seventhree four, 8ohh sevin, ninetyeight 18.
Hope to everyone there!

Mick

Edited for spelling and grammar.....
Last edited by MrTgrips on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

Re: Gauley Fest Camping

Post by ohioboater »

No Gauley Fest for me this year - family commitments getting in the way. :-?

Will have to see if I can free a different weekend up for LG action...
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Gauley Fest Camping

Post by PAC »

yes! 2 please! LoL
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!