2014 CBoat Calendar Call for Photographs!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adkSara
C Guru

2014 CBoat Calendar Call for Photographs!

Post by adkSara »

Here is the official (and late as usual :wink: ) 2014 CBoats Calendar call for photographs!

I'm asking that you, as photographers & boaters, be selective in the images you are sending, your best three, to keep the hours I spend sorting, organizing and designing the calendar manageable again this year.

Please read our requirements carefully and follow directions! Especially about the number of images accepted and permissions please!!!

If you have a photograph or photographs that you would like to be considered for the calendar, please follow the 6 steps below.

1) PERMISSION: Please be sure that you have both the photographer and the paddler(s) permission to submit any photograph to CBoats.net calendar. If you submit a photograph and we hear from the paddler(s) or photographer that you did not have permission to use the image any future submission from you will not be used.

2) SIZE & RESOLUTION: Make sure each photograph that you send is large format and high resolution. Saving the image as a jpeg is best and the file should be between 3-5+ MG. Vertical or horizontal photographs are accepted. Any images that are small or low resolution CAN'T be considered for the calendar.

3) LABELS: Each photograph that you submit must have the following information: Paddler(s) (first & last name(s)), River (state, province or country as applicable), and photographer (first & last name – if you are the photographer – write your name!!)
Any photographs that are not labeled correctly or are missing information WILL NOT be considered for the calendar. Adam & I are not responsible for chasing down information even if the photograph is amazing.

4) NUMBER of ENTRIES: You can submit up to your TOP THREE best images that you would like - choose & send the TOP THREE photographs you've got - not ALL the photographs you've got. Obviously less is fine, but more than THREE is not. If more than three images are sent, I will only download and consider the first three and automatically delete the rest.

5) WHERE to EMAIL: photos@cboats.net, please put 2014 Calendar as your email subject line otherwise the spam filters may sift your email out.

6) DUE DATE: November 22, 2013 midnight. One week before Black Friday should give me time to sort, edit and design the calendar and hopefully have it up in the CBoats store for holiday gifts.

Calendars will be ready to purchase by December 1, 2013 or sooner for potential holiday gifts. Remember the 'profits' from the calendar go directly to the maintenance and web hosting fees of http://www.cboats.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;! So send in those awesome shots and please help us out by following these six guidelines. If you have any questions and want a quick answer, post a reply to this thread, otherwise PM myself or Sir Adam and we'll get back to you.

Keep the cheer & happy paddling.
ADK Sara
adkSara
adkSara
C Guru

Re: 2014 CBoat Calendar Call for Photographs!

Post by adkSara »

I'm going to clean out the photos@cboats.net mailbox tonight to make sure images and emails don't get kicked back.
adkSara
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: 2014 CBoat Calendar Call for Photographs!

Post by Sir Adam »

Thank you all for submitting such great images!

Unfortunately this means the calendar won't be "Adam's Trip to Costa Rica" :lol:

As usual we're running a bit late, but we hope to have it up for sale later this week.

It is great to see a number of folks who've contributed year after year making the calendar again, as well as a few new faces!

More soon...
Keep the C!
Adam