European CBoat Armada 2014

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

craig
CBoats Addict

Re: European CBoat Armada 2014

Post by craig »

Jakke I usually paddle cl 3-4+ Oc1, but I would also need to rent or borrow canoe , paddle, and pfd for a day or 2. An outfitter would be convenient if any in the area. Sounds like I'd need to travel from n. central Italy to an area with runnable rivers. How would I get any local info if there is any? Are there any local message boards that converse in English ? My French is poor and my Italian is worse. Thanks
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

Renting gear won't be much of an issue, finding an OC1/C1 probably is, unless you hook up with some European paddler who has a spare boat ;-).
France & speaking English is not always a good match, but Durance area is generally ok. And rivers put-in and take-out are quite well marked, it's a frequented paddling destination.
Soca & english is no problem at all. You can get a kayak at the prijon centre, but doubt you'll find a C1.
bushpaddler
C Guru

Post by bushpaddler »

Hi,

If anyone is joining, please giva us a hint so that we can plan Dinner for Saturday (also in case there are any vegetarians coming) and give the Campdsite (Kamp Lazar) an idea how many will be coming.
There will be a group discount for CBoat Armada, the place we stay (place by the horses) is slightly before the campsite into a tiny gravel road to the left, following a yellow sign. They will know what you mean. Depending on the weather we will have good to very good or even massive water levels as there are still a few metres of snow to melt.

Hope to see some of you there
Florian
http://www.bushpaddler.de/bilderundtouren.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pier
C Boater

Post by pier »

Hi Craig, the information that done NZ c1er are exactly, in Italy, north of italy there are some interesting river, in the first spring is very well Low Vanoi for open boat, High Vanoi I suppose is good only for C1. There are other interesting river like Cellina class 2-3-4 in Friuli Venezia Giulia or also Settimana. In Veneto Mis river and Cordevole class 2-3-4. Caorame have usually no water but is a very beautiful river class3-4 when there is water. In Valstagna Brenta river is a good place for an holyday, it is near Mis caorame and Cordevole. Brenta is a class 2-3 but there is a slalom route. In Valstagna where borned Pierpaolo Ferrazzi and where sometimes u can see Molmenti our olimpic K1 medalist. In Piemonte, Sesia river is a very good place, I think one of the best place, class 1 to 6 and there are also other river near sesia, very interesting but not runnable with OC1. In Sesia in summer or spring u find always water. Slovenia with Socia an Koritniza is also avery good place, but, not Italy. The bad news is that in italy there are very few open boater, so, very few open canoe. If u come near me in Veneto, i live near venice i can borrow u my outrage, could be u can find some open boat in Slovenia from Piero Linda, but I don't know exactly. Also Noce river in trentino alto adige is a good place but usually in early spring first summer.

In the web u can type in ckfiumi and descrizione fiumi, in that web site u can find photo and class of all italian river.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

bushpaddler wrote:Hi,

If anyone is joining, please giva us a hint so that we can plan Dinner for Saturday (also in case there are any vegetarians coming) and give the Campdsite (Kamp Lazar) an idea how many will be coming.
There will be a group discount for CBoat Armada, the place we stay (place by the horses) is slightly before the campsite into a tiny gravel road to the left, following a yellow sign. They will know what you mean. Depending on the weather we will have good to very good or even massive water levels as there are still a few metres of snow to melt.

Hope to see some of you there
Florian
Myself and Laura will be there; we're planning to arrive on the Wednesday or Thursday (not quite sure which till I see which ferry is cheapest) is it worth contacting Kamp Lazar directly to arrange that or willthe be aminable to us just turning up, and are they likely to extend the Armada discount to the day(s?) beforehand.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
bushpaddler
C Guru

Post by bushpaddler »

Hi,

Good to hear that you are coming. There's no need to contact Kamp Lazar before, I already told them that some folks are arriving a bit earlier. I'd guess they expand the rebate for the time of your stay before but cannot tell for sure.

Looking forward to seeing you there...
Florian
http://www.bushpaddler.de/bilderundtouren.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

I'll be there Flo, don't know exactly when I'll be in Slovenia though. Regular food for Sat plz.

Thx!
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

Thank you jakke and pier. The info is very helpful I love the Italian message board. Many nice rivers to see.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Hi. What are the dates of this event I looked at the website and can't seem to find them. Sorry, but I don't know what 29V-1,V1 2014 means.
thanks.
JKaz......
beereddy
C Guru

Post by beereddy »

kaz wrote:Hi. What are the dates of this event I looked at the website and can't seem to find them. Sorry, but I don't know what 29V-1,V1 2014 means.
thanks.
From May 29 until June 1
kaz

Post by kaz »

Thank you beer dude.
JKaz......
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

planning on joining in Kaz? Soca is a classic, just hope for the brilliant blue water, not the creamy white. The blue adds an extra dimension to the Soca :)
pier
C Boater

Post by pier »

Kaz I'll hope u come on with us on soca if u can :wink:
kaz

Post by kaz »

I'm looking into airfare now. Any trips there later in the season or is the water too low?
JKaz......
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

plenty of options most of the time in May, june, early july. Depends a bit on what you want.

Sweet, would be great if you could join in :D