Shaggy Pagan

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

nam
C Guru

Shaggy Pagan

Post by nam »

Anyone paddled one and what do you think... comparing to other composite kayak for conversion, for play boating? I am thinking of getting one, when I get some cash.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Shaggy Pagan

Post by PAC »

Had my hands on one (Martin's) for a bit - Adam has it now. Very fun boat and well built. Light and great on a wave. Not bad river runner for its size but more of a park & play boat. Fit in the vehicle which lead it to be go to boat for after work fun! A heck of a lot lighter than my wheel boy and a bit more playful in some ways. Lots of fun. Go for it! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I think of it as a higher performance Wheelboy. Feels just as fast (surprisingly), not that that is saying much (they are both short boats). For park and play, or a lot of "corky" playing both are great boats. And the lightness and craftsmanship of the Pagan is superb.

For a river runner as well as surf / play get a Sith though...so it depends on what you want to do with it:)
Keep the C!
Adam
nam
C Guru

Post by nam »

Got a Sith and love it. NowI am going to start looking around for a used pagan. Know where to keep my eyes on? Im in the West Coast of Canada
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

Nam
Where are you on the West Coast. I am in Whitehorse. My son and I both c-1 playboat as well as open boat. Good to connect with others that enjoy c-1. My son tried out a Sith on the Ottawa and had a good time.
Canoe Instructor and full time canoe fanatic.
nam
C Guru

Post by nam »

Hi Yukon

I am on Vancouver Island. I live in Sooke actually. About 35 mins from Jordan River. If you guys ever
wanting to run away from the Yukon winter, crazy c1 ocean c1 surfing here is a treat. You can also go to the Skookumchuk narrows from here. Any time for a visit, there is quite a bit of river runner paddlers on Vans Island too. Yes the Sith is an awesome boat to surf, especially on huge ocean waves.
nam
Gwyn
Pain Boater

Post by Gwyn »

especially on huge ocean waves.
And not quite so huge ones as well...
Attachments
surfing.jpg
Gwyn
http://www.petawawaraftteam.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mohakarafting.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.shaggydesigns.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Gwyn wrote:
Sweet!!!! I've got to get my Sith to the beach.
nam
C Guru

Post by nam »

Gwyn wrote:

Looks awesome nontheless!
atcq
C Boater

Post by atcq »

Hey Nam,

I've got one I wouldn't be opposed to selling. Great shape, wicked design, its an old team boat and I think there are some photos of it in the archives here at Cboats (trying searching Shaggy Pagan in the For Sale section). If I wasn't stuck in St John's for the foreseeable future I wouldn't be interested in selling it but, since I am.. Only problem is its sitting in my parent's basement in Ontario but boats have been moved farther.

Anyways let me know if you're interested, email is bab463[at]mun[dot]ca
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Hey, atcq. Is the boat you have for sale?

C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
atcq
C Boater

Post by atcq »

Nope its this one

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7964716&hilit=shaggy+pagan+team+bo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hammerhead
C Guru

Post by hammerhead »

atcq, What paddler weight range would "work" for that particular boat? Shame not having it in the water. Peace...
atcq
C Boater

Post by atcq »

It's a full cut, worked great for the original owner and me (160 and 165lbs respectively). I couldn't say what the top end of the weight spectrum would be.

Nam is going to take a run at figuring out shipping or hitching a ride for it to the west coast, but I can let you know if that doesn't work out if you'd like.
hammerhead
C Guru

Post by hammerhead »

Sure, Keep me in mind. Sounds like I could be at the upper range for weight, but still could work. Peace...