2014 CBoats Armada... May 16,17,18

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

2014 CBoats Armada... May 16,17,18

Post by Sir Adam »

Yes, it is almost that time again. This year we're going to try a different venue and see what folks think - the StonyCreek river in PA.

PAC will give more detail as he knows it best - if I understand this is a different section than is listed on the AW site.

Friday will have a few different options - Loop (or other) run on the Yough (upper release?!), of course the ever popular Cquirt championship of the known universes, or ?. We'll nail this down as we get closer, but as always there will be something for everyone.

Saturday will be on the Stoney

Sunday we'll decide on Saturday....

There is movement afoot to camp closer to the Stony, PAC will post more on that too... though please post up if you'd prefer to camp separately or as part of the Rendevous that is happening that weekend:

http://benscreekcanoeclub.com/rendezvous/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keep the C!
Adam
old and in the way
C Guru

Re: 2014 CBoats Armada... May 16,17,18

Post by old and in the way »

Woo Hoo - Calendar is clear for the moment, pencil me in.
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
Brendan
C Guru

Post by Brendan »

Dang! Have to miss another one- My oldest graduates from college that weekend and it's nowhere close to PA- have fun.
Brendan
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

I'll be camped at the festival. There will likely be a load of other openboaters there too.
Joe
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Post by arhdc »

Yehaaa!!!

I too will be camped at the festival, which is by the way, right on the river, compete with a man made surf wave (they light it up for night surfing during the festival). Stoney Canyon is an easy and fun class III run and is great for a wide range of skill levels. Don't let the AW description scare you off, there are easy lines for all of the rapids, I've even loaded my 5 year old into the tandem and taken her down paddling solo from the stern.

This should be a great Armada as there is always a good gaggle of open boaters at Stoneyfest already.

If anyone has questions please feel free to contact me as this is my closest to home run with dam releases so I run it more often than I care to admit.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.