Tandem boating, but drier. . .

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Gwyn
Pain Boater

Re: Tandem boating, but drier. . .

Post by Gwyn »

Hi Everybody,
I have just finished the latest modification to our experimental C2; more volume in the back, and a bit longer.

Details and a photo are at http://www.shaggydesigns.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The boat is up on the Ottawa river, and available for anyone to have a go in if you are around....

Thanks
Gwyn
Gwyn
http://www.petawawaraftteam.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mohakarafting.co.nz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.shaggydesigns.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Very cool Gwyn! How does it handle? Particularly interested in the front end. Based on paddling the Pagan (which was a hoot) I'm wondering how the front of the C2 performs? Loop it yet? :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Yukon wrote: . . . I have wanted to convert a Jackson Dynamic Duo and looked at it a few times. I think it would work just fine. . .
Folks, I'd be grateful for an update on this thread.

I'm beginning to see lotsa butt-boaters in Dynamic Duos on the river, and wondering if anyone's converted one to C-2 yet. . .

Any thoughts? Experiences?

Thanks!
Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
wildwaterc2
Pain Boater

Post by wildwaterc2 »

Go with a Duet. We've runs ours all over - many times down Upper Gauley, which is a great run for it. Great enders and wave surfing. Also many Chattooga Section 4 runs in it, as well as playing on the Ocoee. It takes a powerful hole to ender - He11 Hole is marginal, while Slice and Dice is good.

Unless you are a dedicated c2 team, you'd have a hard time doing better than the Duet.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I believe there are a couple Duets in very good shape up for grabs in NJ. Where mine - passed to get some kids started and now looking for a new home. 1 Blue & 1 Red. As my daughter said yesterday... I miss the "pigs" (memories)! But then she gets to run "it" now in a Noah America which is even more fun / shorter and more nimble! ! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Einar
CBoats Addict

Octane 92 ?

Post by Einar »

Loving Larry H. video link; anyone tried a Octane 92 in "all wheel steering"?
Paddling is easy, organizing shuttles is hard.
Not misplacing all your crap in somebody else's car seems to be even harder
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Haha, Paul, my girlfriend Karine was less impressed with the Noah Amerika. She calls the boat 'the most retarded thing ever'... :o :roll: :wink: ...maybe it has something to do with us swimming 5 times on our run down the Lower Gauley... :o :wink:

The Amerika is an awesome boat, just be careful on who you chose about your bow partner...

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Martin I heard it was all the back seat drivers fault (or the crappy spray skirts that were provided)! I can bring it again this year if you two want a second go at it! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
h2sk1
C Guru

Re: Octane 92 ?

Post by h2sk1 »

Einar wrote:Loving Larry H. video link; anyone tried a Octane 92 in "all wheel steering"?
We own an Octane 92, and I believe there was discussion on this hull as a tandem in old posts. It definitely is not dry, which I thought was the purpose of this thread.

That said, we enjoy our Octane 92. Very stable. A capable creeker. A pain to portage though.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

PAC wrote:Martin I heard it was all the back seat drivers fault (or the crappy spray skirts that were provided)! I can bring it again this year if you two want a second go at it! :-)
Yes Paul, that's exactly what I was told, too... :wink: ...! I would be keen to give it another go, but by the looks of it Karine prefers to be in control of her own boat... :D ...

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau