Float bags for an Option

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CanoeCalifornia

Float bags for an Option

Post by CanoeCalifornia »

I need new float bags for my Option. Can anyone tell me from experience whether the NRS Short Solo Float Bags will work for me? The bags I have now are 48" and take up more space than needed so I think these will work but I just want to make sure before I spend the money. A link to the bags I'm talking about is below.

http://www.nrs.com/product/42089%20S/nr ... solo-float" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the tips!
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Re: Float bags for an Option

Post by cheajack »

Get Bomber Bags from Shawn Alexander at Fall Line Canoes. Custom for that boat. You won't regret it.
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

I wouldn't go smaller than 48" and I wouldn't buy NRS float bags. Yes they have a life time warrantee but that won't help you if they burst on the river.
I don't know about bomber bags. I love the idea and they look awesome but you pay for it.
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

From Bomber bags you don't have to get the bag covers if you don't want to spend the big bucks. I recently bought a set of 60" nylons from Shawn and they were no more expensive than any others out there and much better built.
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

Nice!
squeakyknee
CBoats Addict

Post by squeakyknee »

http://www.falllinecanoes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have a very well fit single layer bag set designed for the Option :D

Shawn
kimmieOC1
C Guru

Post by kimmieOC1 »

I have a set of Bomber Bags (no covers) in my Option. They fit are a perfect fit for the boat - much better than my previous bags. I would highly recommend these bags.
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

another recommendation for Bomber bags from Shawn ... they are made to fit the boat... several friends have them and they hold up
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

Post by chuck naill »

ian123 wrote:I wouldn't go smaller than 48" and I wouldn't buy NRS float bags. Yes they have a life time warrantee but that won't help you if they burst on the river.
I don't know about bomber bags. I love the idea and they look awesome but you pay for it.
I just bought a use boat with these bags. I did not know about the life time warrantee. They seem thinner than the Harmony bags I just got for another boat.

I've never had a bag break as a result of paddling, but I am sure it might happen in the right situation.