Esquif L'edge lite

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

trauts92
c

Esquif L'edge lite

Post by trauts92 »

I was think about getting the esquif l'edge lite, I was wondering how the canoe is in general and how the stability on it is. Could anyone inform me about the open boat ?
Wodza
C Guru

Re: Esquif L'edge lite

Post by Wodza »

Type this into a google search and you should find what you're looking for:

L'edge lite site:cboats.net

I have a L'edge heavy and love it. Stable, easy to roll, dry, spins on a dime. My only complaint is the weight and the force necessary to get it moving. The lite version may fix this, I don't know I've never tried the lite version.
Pea Pod
C Guru

Post by Pea Pod »

Wodza wrote:
I have a L'edge heavy and love it. Stable, easy to roll, dry, spins on a dime. My only complaint is the weight and the force necessary to get it moving. The lite version may fix this, I don't know I've never tried the lite version.
That's my experience too.

I paddled a Lite for a week and found that a few kilograms less made a big difference. Wish I had one.
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Post by Wendy »

Here is a link to some comments: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7967942&p=106373&hi ... te#p106373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pmp
CBoats Addict

Post by pmp »

well you could say I have a biased opinion...
But the esquif l'edge changed my paddling. Then the lite came out and it was more awesome, and I can carry it easily.
i've concluded that stable is a good thing, and i like the speed too.
paul
bubblestreet.ca
theracane.ca
eddyhops
CBoats Addict

Post by eddyhops »

The L'edge is the most stable boat I've ever owned under 13'.

What I appreciate as well is the design stability hasn't compromised much in speed or maneuverability, especially for a boat this length. A few world class boaters went in on the design of the L'edge... I also feel that those of larger stature may find it suits them better than the Option.

Not to take anything away from Jeremy, his boat-brain is quite impressive. It's entirely possible that the L'edge is built more for an attention to open boat form, and with this precision application seem to yield sharp results. Jeremy's boats appear to lean to "Jump in this and with little effort you'll smile all day" and include a wonderful variety of sizes and shapes. There's definitely room in the industry for both approaches... thank the powers for great options in current open boat production.
JD
trauts92
c

Post by trauts92 »

alright Thank for the advice ! i ended up ordering the l'edge lite!