2015 Armada - Keeping it simple....

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Who is coming?

Absolutely - wouldn't miss it!
42%
Working on figuring out my schedule to get there.
17%
Would like to but its another event that is just a bit too far!
33%
I'm a loser - can't make it because of life's priorities!
8%

Total votes: 12

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

2015 Armada - Keeping it simple....

Post by PAC »

Since there is SOOOoo much going on these days (in terms of canoe events and personal lives) the decision was made to dove tail this year's Armada into the Stoney CreekStonycreek Rendezvous scheduled for May 15, 16, 17.

Last year's event was a fun weekend with high water and lots of different runs available, including the night time paddling at the Greenhouse Park Fest site play wave. Links for info can be found at...

http://benscreekcanoeclub.com/quemahoning-releases/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://thestonycreek.com/canyonmap.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C U there!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Re: 2015 Armada - Keeping it simple....

Post by Kelly-Rand »

I'd love to actually paddle Stoney Creek. Shade Creek was fun last year. I'll miss it all this year.

I do hope to get down that way Memorial Day or early June.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
JimW
C Guru

Post by JimW »

I voted honestly, but I may not have contributed useful data.... It's too far for me on account of the Atlantic being in the way.
arhdc
CBoats Addict

Post by arhdc »

I been going to Stoneyfest since I was a lurker and wouldn't miss it. Great call to tie the Armada into this event again this year.
~Aaron~

Just being willing to try is half the battle.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Just a reminder that this is taking place the weekend of May 15-17th. http://benscreekcanoeclub.com/rendezvous/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The release for the Rendezvous will be on FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. FRIDAY RELEASE BEGAN AT 11 AM, AND HIT THE CANYON AT 2 PM. Saturday/Sunday releases are normal releases beginning at 7 AM and hitting the canyon put-in by 10 am.

We will have a downriver sprint race on Friday evening from Carpenter’s Park to Greenhouse Park (class II+). On Saturday we will have a wild (as usual) Boater-X race and a Whitewater Rodeo. And on Sunday we will have have a full blown, Stony Canyon Down River race (solid class III)!

Throughout the weekend we will have ongoing play in our Whitewater Park; opportunities to paddle the Stony Canyon on releases from the Quemahoning Reservoir, music; boating vendors on hand to replace any broken gear; and food vendors to fuel our guests.

COSTS : Festival Entrance for the entire weekend : $10.00 Per person

Camping for entire weekend : $10.00 Per person

The site is open to camping during the Rendezvous. Please remember that this is a family event. Dogs were welcome (but please clean up after your friends).
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!