How's the Blackfly Delta at running rivers?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

GSG
Pain Boater

How's the Blackfly Delta at running rivers?

Post by GSG »

In comparison to a modern conversion playboat and just in general? I have no problem getting my Space Cadet down class 3 runs but in between waves its more work than fun.
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Re: How's the Blackfly Delta at running rivers?

Post by Mikey B »

The original Blackfly was surprisingly good and very fun doing that...can guess the Delta is great too.
You could post on GDI on facebook and probably get some good feedback. I know there's a few on there who own the Delta.

Mike
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

It's... weird. It's kind of like paddling a beach ball down the river. It's hard to say it's 'good' or 'bad,' You just have to find that water that's going where you want to go and get in that flow. If you're comfortable in the space cadet, you should be fine in the Delta. The difference is the Delta will be full of water, so it'll be even more work. I still like it though, it's a style of paddling that's different from everything else- honestly, it feels kind of like paddling a squirt boat.
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
GSG
Pain Boater

Post by GSG »

Thanks for the feedback guys, probably going to stick with my plan of finding a bigger c1.