C1 Remix conversion

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bearboater
CBoats Addict

Re: C1 Remix conversion

Post by bearboater »

Interesting double strap method, curious why not a bulkhead with single strap set up?

Do you plan to use the boat for extended trips?
Prost
-Isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Pea Pod
C Guru

Post by Pea Pod »

It is my first conversion and the absence of a bulkhead seemed like a good way to keep the space under the bow deck easily accessible for trips.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

[quote="Pea Pod"]It is my first conversion and the absence of a bulkhead seemed like a good way to keep the space under the bow deck easily accessible for trips.[/quote]

Nice, Yeah it certainly gives that advantage. I've had set ups previously with the bulkhead fit in with force-to allow ease of access to storage. Both ways work, always just curious about others configurations.
Prost
-Isaac

Just saw your avatar, is that the bottom bridge at Penrith?
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
Pea Pod
C Guru

Post by Pea Pod »

I'd like to see one of those bulkhead conversions in the flesh. Prior to this, I've only paddled OCs with bulkheads.

An attraction for using kneestraps over a bulkhead is the adjustability. Plus, the kneestraps maintain their shape so that the paddler can slide their knees in, upon entering the boat, just like a bulkhead.

Kneestraps meant drilling two holes in the hull, but i'm yet to see a downside to that, despite the theoretical undesirability.
Paddle Power
C Maven

Post by Paddle Power »

I really like the adjustable seat/saddle set up, super sweet!
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Starting about here is a series of pictures from my Remix conversion with snow board knee straps and a snap shackle based quick release. it evolved from the original install sitting on a PE plate held in place by friction and pressure with no bolts - I relented and did drill some holes :-) Of my various conversions, this is the one I'm happiest with. Secure enough to play, adjustable, yet no exit anxiety. I have a variation of this in my playboat - bulkhead + straps with a snapshackle.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1038689084 ... 9579966690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;