Blackfly Canoe demos out west - where should we go?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Re: Blackfly Canoe demos out west - where should we go?

Post by Cheeks »

Hey guys,

Just checking back in with you guys about where and when you'd like to see some demos. Here is a rough itinerary (still subject to change)

May 21-22 - Arkansas

May 27-June 12 - Blackfly Corporate Retreat in the Grand Canyon

June 18 - July 2 - California or Colorado (snowpack dependent)

July 9 - July 23 - Pacific North West

Aug 6 - Aug Aug 20 - Vancouver/BC

Note: These are just the dates we think we'll be out there. We haven't set up any events yet. I'll be coordinating with those of you who have reached out to me in the next few weeks to get some dates set up.

Cheers!
Chris Loomis
magicmike
C Guru

Post by magicmike »

Chris- when you say "Arkansas May 21-22"...... Is that the state or the river? Thanks
Offside
c

Post by Offside »

Maybe he means both Mike, the Arkansas river travels through Arkansas.

Kidding aside, we would love to host y'all out here in the great state of Arkansas. Pretty hard to miss us if you are taking I-40 west from Asheville. I will shoot you a pm with some contact information.

kru
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

If you're cruising out to CA via I-80, be sure to swing by the Reno Whitewater Park (formally known as Wingfield Park) on the mughty Truckee River right smack in the middle of downtown Reno. It's a great little park, with two major channels (north channel has some meaty holes at the right flows and the south channel usually has a slalom course set up) and a great vibe. There's usually an annual festival the first or second weekend of May if you can find yourself out there around then. This is also a great jumping-off point to get to the goods in the Sierras and Coast ranges. Safe travels!
Peace Pow and Paddling!
JimW
C Guru

Post by JimW »

Cheeks wrote:Hey guys,

Just checking back in with you guys about where and when you'd like to see some demos. Here is a rough itinerary (still subject to change)

May 27-June 12 - Blackfly Corporate Retreat in the Grand Canyon

Does this mean the grand canyon boat is going to be ready by the end of May?

Is it just going to be for self-support trips or will it be small enough to use unloaded on a raft supported trip?

Any plans to leave one in Flagstaff for rental?

I'm launching on 5th Sept and still trying to decide what boat - at the moment I'm thinking kayak playboat, but I did it in a Whitesell last time....
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

JimW wrote: Does this mean the grand canyon boat is going to be ready by the end of May?

Is it just going to be for self-support trips or will it be small enough to use unloaded on a raft supported trip?

Any plans to leave one in Flagstaff for rental?

I'm launching on 5th Sept and still trying to decide what boat - at the moment I'm thinking kayak playboat, but I did it in a Whitesell last time....
Arkansas means the state of Arkansas

The Condor won't be ready for production by May. The corporate retreat is actually so that we can do some R&D testing on oar frames and slicy boats (we'll be pushing rubber and getting vertical as much as canoeing)

No plans to leave boats in Flag but that could always change
Chris Loomis
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

truckeeboater wrote:If you're cruising out to CA via I-80, be sure to swing by the Reno Whitewater Park (formally known as Wingfield Park) on the mughty Truckee River right smack in the middle of downtown Reno. It's a great little park, with two major channels (north channel has some meaty holes at the right flows and the south channel usually has a slalom course set up) and a great vibe. There's usually an annual festival the first or second weekend of May if you can find yourself out there around then. This is also a great jumping-off point to get to the goods in the Sierras and Coast ranges. Safe travels!
Thanks! At this point, I am looking for any and all help in getting a few events organized for California, club leads, locations, anything!
Chris Loomis
JimW
C Guru

Post by JimW »

Cheeks wrote:
The Condor won't be ready for production by May. The corporate retreat is actually so that we can do some R&D testing on oar frames and slicy boats (we'll be pushing rubber and getting vertical as much as canoeing)

No plans to leave boats in Flag but that could always change
Ah well, have fun. I love the canyon, I think I probably need to use a slicy boat again this time and spend a lot of time vertical or wavewheeling :)
magicmike
C Guru

Post by magicmike »

Chris- Thanks for coming to our little play spot with so many new boats to try out! Everyone had a great time.-M-
johnd
C Guru

Post by johnd »

If you're interested in lining up something on the South Fork of American, near Sacramento, CA, let me know. I could send out some emails to clubs, canoeists I boat with. I would be interested in trying out a boat. Best run would be Coloma to Greenwood, pretty easy so you'll get more potential participants, lots of access points (small fees), good surfing, no heavy raft traffic.