Trinity river April 24?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

chicodavid

Trinity river April 24?

Post by chicodavid »

I'm working my way back into paddling after some years away. Once upon a time, I used to be somewhat decent by California standards, (not a high bar for East Coast paddlers) but I've had some years away from the sport and working my way back up very gently and methodically. Will be up in the north coast area this weekend and would love to get in a day on the Hayden to Cedar run on the Trinity on Sunday if there is anyone in the Redding or Eureka area interested. And after that, in future weeks, back onto Pigeon Point, but I want one or two more easy runs before that. And, of course, interested in meeting other open boaters for the future.
David Welch
Chico California
johnd
C Guru

Re: Trinity river April 24?

Post by johnd »

Sent you a p-mail.
elunopaddle
c

Post by elunopaddle »

David--

Welcome back! I don't get out to paddle like I used to, but have met a couple enthusiastic (and good!) open boaters since moving to Red Bluff from Atlanta, a few years ago. I have a 16 day old boy, so my free time may be impacted more. Maybe? Anyhow, my phone # is 530-736-3787, text me anytime you're thinking about a trip, I'd like to get out on occasion.

I can't make the 24th, but would you be interested in a close to home float thru Iron Canyon (the China rapids/shoals) section of the sac that ends in Red Bluff? I haven't floated it yet, and it would be some water time for you, though really easy.

I'm a class 3, occasional IV boater, but don't hesitate to get on flat water, either.

Anyhow, I'm off work till mid May. The 24th is just too soon with my boy's arrival.

Dan (Elunopaddle)
"Half the paddle...you get the picture."
johnd
C Guru

Post by johnd »

A number of canoeists usually boat at Trinity River- Pigeon Point on Labor Day. Kind of a long ways off but I'm posting it as something to plan for possibly, get some open canoeists together.