Most notable C1 conversion?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Wodza
C Guru

Most notable C1 conversion?

Post by Wodza »

Curiosity has me thinking about what the most notable C1 conversion from a kayak is? From days past or present. Was there a game changer? Did someone at some point throw some incredible move that no one thought could be done in a c1 in a certain boat? Was there a first conversion? Etc and so on...
Paddle Power
C Maven

Re: Most notable C1 conversion?

Post by Paddle Power »

You can approach this from several angles.

One suggestion would have to be a kayak that EJ Jackson paddled at the worlds in both kayak and C1 events.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

First I'll admit I'm not a fan of conversions in general, with the exception of creek boats where there is arguably only two options (plastic Finkenmeister, composite Storm Chaser).

So, I'll say that to me the Wavesport ForPlay was "ground breaking" in that it's the first conversion I paddled that I felt was better as a C1 than Kayak, and was a very good C1 at that.
Keep the C!
Adam
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I have really enjoyed my Score which is the big brother to the Forplay - I've had other fun boats but they really required regular attention for me to stay comfortable in them, the Score is stable enough I can come back to it after months and still have fun.

The Remix line has been a very popular for conversions, but it's not about "moves", it's just a very friendly boat. Perhaps heresy here, but for general whitewater, I like mine better than any purpose built C-1s I have owned - Gyramax, Slasher, Cascade ... of course those are plastic - I'm in the southeast where impact and abrasion resistance figure large...
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Ahhhaaaa there are so many! X, Z, Y Foreplay, XXX, Nomad, Redline, Burn... and the list goes on. I personally like the Zwo. It all depends on the boater and what is being paddled!
Only wish there were more C1 specific designs but we make do! :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!