East Coast Armada

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Brendan
C Guru

East Coast Armada

Post by Brendan »

Just curious to see if there is any interest in resurrecting the Spring C-Boats Armada (North Branch, etc..) I need to track down release dates. Past gatherings have at times had large numbers but I don't think this event has happened for some time. Should we try?
Brendan
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: East Coast Armada

Post by Sir Adam »

The moderators were just discussing that... unfortunately as with the past few years it looks like it will be difficult for us to make it!

I might be able to make it down either Mother's Day weekend (13/14th I think), which is one release weekend, or Memorial Day weekend (also a Squirt event going on...).

I think the Stoney get together (which we've joined in on the past few years) is the weekend of the 20th.

Other releases are 15/16th of April and 29/30 of April (or whatever those weekends are).

Any interest for a Memorial day weekend get together?
Keep the C!
Adam
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

We're getting more serious about a Memorial Day weekend trip down, maybe a Saturday or Sunday run of the North Branch, then whatever.

A bit later than in past years, but at probably plenty warm:)

I'm sure lots of folks are at ALF, or enjoying the nice northeast snowstorm (18" here so far today), but I"m curious who might be interested in a little informal get together....
Keep the C!
Adam
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

I think I could make arrangements to be there.
There's a new place in Accident MD that would be great to have an informal gathering. I'll have to google for it but Moon is part of the name. It is about 20 minutes from the Upper Yough put in.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
Brendan
C Guru

Post by Brendan »

I'm out for memorial day.
Brendan
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Same weekend as Squirt Boat Worlds at the Alley.. stars are a lining! Any other Cquirts out there that can "Drop" in?
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Yup... I'm thinking that may be a good weekend...

A day to watch (or paddle) at the Squirt, a day on the NB, and for us probably a parade (my uncle has an antique fire truck:) ).

I'll try and decide soon so we can figure out camping reservations - I'm assuming they may be booked up already though at our usual spot (being Memorial Day weekend...).
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I believe that the Worlds (Jimmy) already has the "Friends of the Cheat" site reserved in Albright, WV for the weekend. Although that means sleeping with Zombies about. :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Sounds like the Squirt Worlds will be fairly busy - should be a good time!

I'm still planning on being in the area around Memorial Day weekend, and am trying to finalize plans and maybe camping.

Right now I'm thinking of running the North Branch or something else either Sunday or Monday of Memorial Day weekend. Anyone else interested?
Keep the C!
Adam
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

Well its been a month since the last post. I will be down in McHenry to start on Friday visiting fellow C1er Walt. Hoping the forecasted rain brings the regions rivers back up to Aprils bounty. Is there any schedule for the squirt worlds, time of day for events etc..? I didn't see anything on Angst or jimmystyx.
Walt is selling a boat or two, Pyranha S8 outfitted as a C1 and listed on Cboats, also maybe a Dagger Atom he just picked up but doesn't feel its the boat for his style.

I'll be bringing a Storm Chaser, Atom and Vajda Magma 410 C2.

Hope to see a few of you.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"