Tandem First Descent Suicide Section of Little River?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oldschoolboater

Tandem First Descent Suicide Section of Little River?

Post by oldschoolboater »

Hi, Wondering if anyone knows of when a tandem first descent of the Suicide Section of Little River Canyon in Alabama occurred?
Ianonetwothree
c

Re: Tandem First Descent Suicide Section of Little River?

Post by Ianonetwothree »

There's only 1 first descent
dixie_boater
C Guru

Post by dixie_boater »

I've never heard of anyone paddling the Suicide section tandem from hwy 35 to the chairlift put-in. I have friends that have paddled tandem in a Dagger Dimension on the Upper 1 (Humpty Dumpty to Chair Lift). They ran everything and had no swims. That was in 2006. That's the end of the suicide section. That day we paddled on down to the canyon mouth park. Even back in the day (1985 to 2000) I never saw tandem boaters above chairlift. That was the heyday of Royalex boats in the canyon. I could ask Milt Aiken if he ever saw tandem teams on the Suicide section. He canoed that section a lot when he was making his Paddlesnake videos.

Maybe some folks in Blackfly Octane 92 should bag a Suicide tandem run. The right boaters could do it. That would be pretty awesome :D
Michael McCurdy
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Jerrod Jones and Holly Reppert just got it done this past weekend in a Silverbirch Covert 10.5 tandem. Those two make a very impressive tandem team
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com