Zen and Everest comparison?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pyc1
C Boater

Zen and Everest comparison?

Post by pyc1 »

Just wondering if anyone has paddled both a Jackson Zen (L) and a Pyranha Everest and can provide points of comparison. I've paddled an Everest some, but am looking for better tracking as I find myself making too many corrections in rapids which scrubs my speed (maybe my pivot point was off?). Zen L is 6" longer and 1" wider but haven't tried it. Better tracking/speed than an Everest? Thanks
ClassFive Boats
C Guru

Re: Zen and Everest comparison?

Post by ClassFive Boats »

I know what you mean about the Everest, from what you're describing I will say the Zen would not get you where you want to go. full on c1 creek boat conversions , by nature, tend to get kicked around a lot. Personally, I would suggest a pyranha 9R . If you're on a budget, Older c1 conversion boats work really well. I would talk to Bernie at Whitewater warehouse. He is extremely knowledgeabl About how various designs handle . Cheers
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I paddled an Everest C1 for quite a few years and now I have a Jackson Zen L. The Zen is a better boat, a river runner with some edge, not a full on creek boat. It is faster, catches eddies better and surfs better. Although I liked the Everest, I think you'd like the Zen more.
ClassFive Boats
C Guru

Post by ClassFive Boats »

There you go !
pyc1
C Boater

Post by pyc1 »

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate the advice.