Need hard plastic D-ring source

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

milkman
C Maven

Need hard plastic D-ring source

Post by milkman »

Anyone know where to buy the gray hard-plastic narrow strip D-rings that you glue down with epoxy? They make great tie-downs in tripping canoes. I've been searching the web for them and striking out.
wwh
c

Re: Need hard plastic D-ring source

Post by wwh »

I only use the metal d-ring part and will let you know if I can find the hard plastic pieces. Mine were made by Voyageur (Mad River Canoe's accessory company). I don't know what happened to Voyageur when MRC was sold to Wilderness Systems and left Vermont. The was a long time ago.
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

Try Jendapaddlesports
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

SCORE! I spent 1.5 hours searching on the web for these before posting and struck out. Jenda may be the world's last source of these. So thanks so much.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I'm surprised Strapworks didn't have what you need... they always seem to have far more than I knew existed when it comes to such things!

https://www.strapworks.com/default.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keep the C!
Adam
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

Western Canoeing and Kayaking, in Abbotsford, BC, used to stock them. Give them a buzz -- they prob'ly have some on the back shelves. They also (used to) stock the 2-part adhesive kits which work well with the plastic bases.

When you install them, I find it works well to drill small holes in the bases, so the adhesive gooshes up through the holes. It makes for a more permanent installation.

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !