pump issues

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ELGOTTO
C Guru

pump issues

Post by ELGOTTO »

I have a Tsunami 1200 pump powered by a UB1234 battery. Short hose length with no dips. Up and out. It pumps extremely slow out of my Ledge. Same system in my other boats throws the water out super fast. The pump is new and the battery is charged and the area around the base of the pump is clear. There aren't any obstructions so what is the problem? I hope someone can help me out.
Thanks
mgs
c

Re: pump issues

Post by mgs »

Did you try swapping batteries? Make sure it's the 12volt version of the pump, they also make a 24v version which would either go really slow (or not at all?) on a 12v battery.
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

Yes. I have two batteries. Both are relatively new and well charged and yes on 12 volt. I'm puzzled.
Seabass
C Boater

Post by Seabass »

Try shorting the switch. It's possible you have a voltage drop across the switch.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

did you check the polarity of the wiring? swap the contacts and test. I had one pump that was very fickle as to that.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Seabass
C Boater

Post by Seabass »

So what you find? If it's a single pump you could just switch the battery terminals to change the polarity to the pump. It will make no difference if you switch power or ground.
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Post by ELGOTTO »

So far I've tried all suggestions and no increase in pump pressure. I suppose I will buy a new battery and check that just to be sure the ones I have are putting out enough juice. Thanks for all the suggestions.