What are you nifty water bottle carrier setups for a small solo canoe with bulkhead?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Paddle Power
C Maven

Re: What are you nifty water bottle carrier setups for a small solo canoe with bulkhead?

Post by Paddle Power »

Keez, great idea. Don’t over think things: tape, carabiner, bottle. Simple.

I like to have all gear secured. I know paddlers have lost gear that was stuffed under airbags but not clipped in.
Brian
http://www.JohnstonPursuits.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yarnellboat
C Maven

Re: What are you nifty water bottle carrier setups for a small solo canoe with bulkhead?

Post by yarnellboat »

It's engrained in me from my old canoe club not to have anything hang down past the gunwales when your boat is turned upside down (so that no gear would get in the way of a canoe-over-canoe rescue), so I prefer to find ways to secure things to the hull or saddle and not to clip too much to the bag cages.

P.
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

i have a set of Beluga air bag covers that have mesh pockets with a zipper i can keep things in. I keep the drink and throw bag in the front and a few things in the rear one. I still have a small dry bag with snacks and a first aid kit,hat and misc clipped on top of the rear bag. I'm not sure if the Beluga covers are still available but Fall Line Canoes can make some if you want